Barr Bros Williamsburg Music Hall

Reviews of live performances and news about upcoming shows.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

Barr Bros Williamsburg Music Hall

Anyone else go? Thought it was pretty good, i think i enjoyed the free show they put on in October at that bar in the lower east side a bit more just because of how small and intimate it was. Majority of songs came from the new album. Would be cool if they reimagined a Slip song like "Dear Melina" and played it with this group although that is just my nostalgia talking
johnhk4
Beantown Rocker

Re: Barr Bros Williamsburg Music Hall

Hey,

I was there - and also at the smaller show on the lower east side. I agree, the smaller show was a little more intimate, however, the full horn section was enormous and they really rocked it last night. They sounded really polished, really tight, not loose at all. I think they are a well-oiled machine at this point, and there's a big part of me that's very happy for them for that. There were a lot of people there that I didn't expect to be, people who had heard of them from the WoD tour, and then lots of people who knew all the words to the songs. Unreal!

Brad sounded great on vocals - one of his best shows IMO. Guitar-wise, Brad is my absolute favorite guitar player - but I thought the slide work was a little overkill at times. However, they were having a blast and seemed so confident that I was just really happy. The solo breaks on Come in the Water were very spicy. Loved Hideous Glorious early in the set and with all the horns and backing vocals. I liked how they did some back to back acoustic numbers.

I think it was something like...
Queens of the Breakers
Hideous Glorious 1 and 2 (this song sounds wayyyyy better live with more distortion!)
Look before it Changes
Someday Maybe Someday
Come in the Water
Darkness has arms
Half Crazy
Lose your Mind
How the Heroine Dies
Song that I heard
It came to me
E:
Rearranged Beggar
Static Orphans (sort of) into