in life you were an ocean....

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

rhythmicstorm
Get Me with Fuji

in life you were an ocean....

i need this song :cry:

i'm beggin
You that love lovers, this is your home. Welcome!
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

I have this show I can hook you up with...

09/13/2003: Victor's On The Bay: San Diego, CA
Set I: Cumulus, Dogs on Bikes, Driving Backwards with You, Pass It On, Sorry, In Life You Were An Ocean (In Death You Are The Rain)
Set II: Love and Tears, Sparrow*, Sometimes True to Nothing*, Planet of Inexperience, Wolof
Encore: Children of December^, Soft Warm Simple Wonder
Notes: * w/Sara Azriel on backup vocals. ^ aka "The Zeroes" [ Ryan - Sept. 19, 2003. ]

I know I have other shows.. this is the only one I can think of off hand... let me know.. send me a pm... and I could hook you up with a copy.. pending it doesn't take me 9 yrs to find it... :)
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
Phrazz

In Life...

Hmmm...that would be nice to get a show you performed on. :wink:

This song is very rare--only appears 8 times in SlipBase:

20010324: Cafe Tomo: Arcata, CA
Set I: Catacea (intro) > Wolof, Lucky Dragon, Brahms lullaby tease, Nellie Jean, In Life You Were An Ocean (In Death You Are the Rain) > Beat Box jam^, ???

20030725: Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel: Providence, RI
Set II: The Woods, Children of December> So Dope, Alsoa, Sorry%> In Life You Were an Ocean (In Death You Are the Rain)^> Sorry
20030725: Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel: Providence, RI

Notes: ! "BAM impersonators"

20030913: Victor's On The Bay: San Diego, CA
Set I: Cumulus, Dogs on Bikes, Driving Backwards with You, Pass It On, Sorry, In Life You Were An Ocean (In Death You Are The Rain)
20031025: The Higher Ground: Winooski, VT
Set I: funk intro* > Soft Machine, Yoyo My Little Brown-Eyed Babushka, Something Learned, Sorry> In Life You Were an Ocean (In Death You Are the Rain) > Rhythm and Gold

20031031: Paradise Rock Club: Boston, MA
Set II: Cumulus, Decembers Children, %Sorry> "In Life You Were an Ocean (In Death You Are the Rain)", "rabbit cello"+ > @Happy Snails, Sometimes True to Nothing

20031114: Baylee's: Blacksburg, VA
Set I: Song (of Mysterious Origin, Cut from the Cloth, Poor Boy, Serpentfly cover, Torque, Intro> Hey Worrier, loop beat jam*> "Token of our Appreciation" (In Life You Were An Ocean [In Death You Are the Rain])?

20040508: Winston's: San Diego, CA
Set I: % instrumental1* > Nellie Jean > instrumental2, The Woods, Fear of Falling, Sorry > In Life You Were An Ocean In Death You Are the Rain> Sorry

In Life You Were... was found at 8 shows.

I've got the H'ween Paradise and the Lupo's if you want. Send me your addy and I'll get them out to you this week.

-Take care,

Phrazz
tim
The Weight of Solomon

it was actually also played 7/17/2003 rocks off boat cruise
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

Sara, i will send you that song, if you send me your rainbow song. I wasnt able to download it from myspace.

Email me anytime i can email it i think....