toots and the maytals--8.02.1992

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

ScS
From the Gecko

toots and the maytals--8.02.1992

http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=24475
----
http://www.easytree.org/download.php/24 ... 16.torrent
----
I have received requests to seed this, so here it is!

why d/l this version w/ original data files, even if you just got this a few days ago?

well, we talk a lot about preserving the quality of music, and archiving and sharing original data sets, whenever possible, is the only way to ensure this outcome. no doubt there are many philosophies of music collecting and trading, and i can see why folk don't want to waste disks and space w/ data sets. it gets to be expensive too! however, my time in the grateful dead community has helped me to see the value of this practice, and its something i've extended into all other types of music, including reggae. yep, i always make audio and data copies of everything i d/l.

of course there are so many shows where we might not be able to find the original seeds, and sharing and enjoying the music in those cases is clearly better than not having it at all. frankly, i seed music like this all the time!

i mean no disrespect to raver, who i'm really really really glad to be meeting, along w/ my other friends here. if you don't know him, he's one *righteous* cat! please don't see this seed as under cutting his kindness and generosity. let me tell you something, i know this cat wants to bless eztree, and imo he has done nothing but that. he's a great seeder for instance! and i know he wants to do more and will. holy shit does he have amazing music coming soon. he previewed a few trades he's got going on and supa meowie wowie!!! can't wait!!! i wont give the surprises away though :)

so, i'm happy to seed this to honor requests from friends and to help maintain the music quality of this show were lucky enough to have the orignal data for.

one last comment for now, bless darryl for all the non stop amazing greatful dead shows in wonderful shape, as well as this show! and of course jam master nibbles for sending me a copy of this gem!

Toots and the Maytals
Reggae On The River @ French's Camp
Piercy, CA
August 2, 1992

Source: DSBD > DAT > CD > EAC > FLAC

Transfer: JVC XD-Z507 DAT > HHB 800 Standalone CD burner > EAC > WAV

Disc 1
01. Introduction (04:18.03)
02. Hard to Handle (03:14.54)
03. Pressure Drop (04:51.42)
04. The Way You Love Me (04:16.40)
05. Get Up, Stand Up (06:36.61)
06. Take Me Home, Country Roads (07:56.14)
07. You Make Me Feel Irie (07:36.69)
08. Monkey Man (06:27.69)
09. Never Get Weary (06:22.04)
Disc Time - 51:40.56

Disc 2
01. Time Tough (06:33.53)
02. /Funky Kingston (10:13.51)
03. Bam Bam (05:31.09)
04. Reggae Got Soul (12:24.33)
05. E: 54-46 Was My Number (27:48.41)
(with Intros) Disc Time - 62:31.37

EAC/SHN by Darryl Hinko (flyerfanatic)
Any questions contact me at: flyerfanatic2817@yahoo.com
EAC in secure mode with proper offsets used to extract
SHNtool to join and confirm sector boundries
CDwav used to split tracks
Cool Edit Pro used for all editing
FLAC frontend to encode to FLAC

Notes:

- Numerous pops and clicks removed with Cool Edit Pro

- d1t08 Monkey Man: Diginoise at 0:04 and 0:10. I reduced it as much
as I can.

- d2t02 Funky Kingston: After the first note there was a 5 second
dropout. I cut this out and smoothed it over. There might be a
couple of notes missing.

- d2t05 54-46 Was My Number: There is static during the intro to the
keyboardist. I think this is an instrument problem. It starts at
4:19 until Keyboard solo ends.

Enjoy!
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb