Metroplatypus

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

gabe
Lion on a Rock

Metroplatypus

Hey folks. Does anyone have a recording of Metroplatypus other than the WERS version? I've checked Oz and Slipserver and no dice. Hook me up?
tim
The Weight of Solomon

lemme guess...you're listening to it RIGHT NOW on slipstream?

me too.

sorry, i don't have it but i'm sure it'll pop up for you.
Phrazz

Metroplatypus occurrences

Maybe you can find one of these....

19980207: Living room: Providence, RI
Set I: Metroplatypus, Mustt Mustt, Cumulus, Rhythm-a-ning, Eube, Julia's Kitchen, The Weight of Solomon

19980215: WERS "Space Jams": Boston, MA
Set I: The Air The Body, Alsoa, OooOooO, Julia's Kitchen, Metroplatypus

19980221: Iron Horse Music Hall: Northampton, MA
Set I: OooOooO, Yellow Medicine > Yippa Yuk Poem (Silverstein), Metroplatypus, The Highlands, Alsoa, Mickey's Dream, Autobody Experience > Zion

19980307: Carnegie Mellon University: Pittsburgh, PA
Set I: Yellow Medicine, The Highlands, Children of Atlantis, The Thumb, Metroplatypus

19980425: Living Room: Providence, RI
Set I: Phase One^, 5446 Was My Number, Yellow Medicine, ?, Cumulus, Metroplatypus, ?, Steel Drum Zion*^

19980516: Common Ground: Brattleboro, VT
Set I: common ground, Camp Shuie, Children of Atlantis, Metroplatypus, You Might Say, Rhythm-a-ning

19991209: Iron Horse Music Hall: Northampton, MA
Set I: jam, Crazy Heels, Pictures of Callisto, Joe Higley, Tempus Forget It, Yellow Medicine, Nellie Jean, You Might Say, Johnny's Tune, Moral Decay, Antiquity, Metroplatypus, Dogs on Bikes

20021109: Stella Blue: Asheville, NC
Set II: Intro jam> Metroplatypus/The Social/Yoshimi (Fight Test) Jam, Gemini (Kingdom of Light), Star Spangled Banner thing, Love and Tears, Sandman, Drums/Applause
etahn
From the Gecko

Re: Metroplatypus occurrences

This :arrow:
Intro jam> Metroplatypus/The Social/Yoshimi (Fight Test) Jam
Sounds pretty fucking sick.
The world really is magic
gabe
Lion on a Rock

All I can find is the Stella blue one. The other shows look even sicker but oh well. Thanks muchly, I didn't think it had been played past '99 that's why I didn't find that one. Gracias amigos.
forgotten songs

the social is a sick song. BAM should defintately start playing that again. and they should throw down a crzy Wipeout some time soon. Im too lazy to check Phrazz's site but Im pretty sure they havent played either recently. Oh yeah and flight of the peruvian dragon fly.