Slipping Daylights 11/20/99 Torrent!

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Slipping Daylights 11/20/99 Torrent!

This was one hell of a show! There were 3 recordings made, none of them complete :) I did one of the SBD feeds and have been missing my DATs for years, perhaps they helped make this seed! I was the instigator of the bass duel between Marc and Arne... I haven't heard this one in years, very psyched for the seed! Quite an epic night...

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=507185

Slipping Daylights - 11/20/99
Adam & Brent's House - Oakland, CA.

Sources:
Set I,II and half of III from Nak700's on stage> Custom preamp/power supply> P1> DAT> CDr> EAC> FLAC by EEE

End of Set III DSBD> CDr> EAC> FLAC by EEE

Disc 1 / Set I
1. Munf & 500lb Cat (back and forth)
6. Everything I Play Must Be Funky

Disc 2 / Set II
1. Fall
2. From The Gecko
5. St. Thomas

Disc 3 / Set III..
1. Bass Duel

Disc 4 / Set III continued (sbd source)

---NOTES 6/5/07---
THE SHOW: This was a private party in the Oakland hills up on Villanova Street where Adam and Brent lived. They had hosted a Keller Williams private party (4/3/99) which was great and wanted to do it again. With The Slip & Living Daylights one time only west coast "Slipping Daylights" tour it seemed like a natural fit to finish the tour at their house. I'd say there were 150 odd people in attendance, most of whom were good friends from going to many SCI shows and High Sierra Music Festival over the years. The bands were set up in the living room with big views of the bay area off the back, and they threw down with an epic show and a great time was had by all.

THE RECORDING: I (EEE) recorded with the Nak700's and ran out of power in the middle of set III (disc 4 is the portion I missed from the SBD source). Harry McQuillen & Steve Tighe made the soundboard recording. Jeremy Birchman compiled the full show getting a DAT clone of both sources and working with someone (can't recall who) to put the complete show together. We all agreed the stage recording better represented what happened that night. I EAC'd this from a copy of the show JB sent me because I don't have the SBD on DAT. If there is intrest I could re-xfer my DAT to get the EAC out of the lineage, but I didn't have the time and energy to do that and thought I should just get this out there.
ScS
From the Gecko

bust-out. i absolutely love the living daylights. ive got two other shows from 99 when they toured together and both rip.
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb