Surprise Me Mr Davis 08/03/08

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Katie
Invocation

Surprise Me Mr Davis 08/03/08

I just noticed that Jonah put this show up for download! Such a fun, impromptu set, even it wasn't quite the usual SMMD (Andrew wasn't there). I'm really psyched to listen to this again.

http://www.vermontlivemusic.com/Surpris ... .%20Davis/

Not sure if these links have been posted before, but he also has Nathan's April '08 VT run and his set opening for the Benevento Trio on 11/10/08. (mp3 only on these)
http://www.vermontlivemusic.com/Nathan%20Moore/

Many thanks to Jonah for taping and sharing these shows!
lumpy
From the Gecko

and thanks to you for the heads up!
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

so my computer is on the fritz, katie would u mind up-ing the mp3s onto sendspace or something for me! pleeaassee!
Twitter: @lucsamuels
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

many thanks for sharing the links!
looks like lots of good stuff there... grabbing a vetiver show too.
what a great site, as a place to have all that music available...

i tried to get a few of nathan's "full show" zips tho and i'm getting errors... guess i'll go back sometime and get them file by file
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
Katie
Invocation

lucasdavidsamuels wrote:so my computer is on the fritz, katie would u mind up-ing the mp3s onto sendspace or something for me! pleeaassee!
I think Jonah will have them up on his website for quite a while if you want to grab them later. (I think they've been up for a while too, it just took me a little while to find them!) Or are you having trouble downloading from there?

Magpie, I haven't downloaded all of the Nathan shows yet, but I downloaded the SMMD tracks individually and that worked fine. (Couldn't wait till I got home and grabbed it a few tracks at a time while at work, so I wouldn't slow things down too much.) I'll try downloading a few of the zip files tonight and let you know how it goes.
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

cool, yeah the smmd zip file didn't work either.

i'm decoding the vetiver flac files (downloaded individually), and more than half of them have errors too... dunno? weird.

in any case, i'll be out of town till next week, but am curious if anyone else has issues with these too...
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

i downloaded the show track by track and it works fine
pretty crazy show they basically run through their entire catalogue including some solo pieces
Twitter: @lucsamuels