Slipseeds: The Aptos Project 3-23-2001 San Francisco, CA

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

Slipseeds: The Aptos Project 3-23-2001 San Francisco, CA

The first Slipseeds:The Aptos Project show is online....

not sure of the source.. if someone could fill in the blank, I'd appreciate it... right now.. I'm assuming some random taper in Cali... but I got it off of Oz and it's a good show... people usually jump at a show with honeymelon in it... ya know :puke:

here's the setlist
03/23/2001: Broadway Studios: San Francisco, CA
Set I: Get Me with Fuji > Honey Melon, Trane-ing, Gecko > Zion, Rhythm-a-ning
Set II: Cumulus, Johnny's Tune, Moral Decay*, Alsoa, Just a Closer Walk with Thee
Notes:*Grayson Farmer on trumpet ]

All in all a good set...
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=1173 ... =1#seeders

Tell your friends and family... Slipseeds:The Aptos Project has begun!!
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

nice but i already got this show too

ohh well

dan
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

nice but i already got this show too

ohh well
We don't need to convert you as a fan man! You probably have as many Slip recordings as I do and I've been recording them for 8 years.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

well dan.. if you have it in shn.. why not help me seed it... 1 seed and 6 leeches already...

I actually didn't have this one... I don't have them all ya know... sometimes I just pick one or two at a time.. to listen... Thank god for oz..
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

i Have them backed up as a a flac on disk, but from my small harddrive its in mp3. and Clinton i hardly think i have as many as you!!!, you have sooooo many and i thankyou everytime i listen to onese done by you, never have i communicated with a fan base as sincere as you guys. Thanks for everything, and welcoming me into this community that you have built for several years.
D
A
N
Katie
Invocation

Source info for this show is in the etree database. I think you chose to link to it somewhere in the bt options... but this is what is in the file, I'm pretty sure it's the only source in ciruclation.
The Slip
San Francisco, CA
Broadway Studios
3/23/01

Source: Schoeps 64s>ADK onstage by Andrew Gustin

Conversion: CDR > EAC > mkwact > Shn v3
by Colin Thomas-Arnold - http://ftp.theslip.net/ - colin.thomas-arnold@oberlin.edu

** Requires an 80minute CD for disc II **

Disc I
Set I
1. Get With Fiji
2. Honey Melon
3. Trane-ing
4. From the Gecko >
5. Zion
6. Rhythm-a-ning

Disc II (80 minute CD)
Set II
1. Cumulus
2. Johnny's Tune
3. Moral Decay *
4. Alsoa
5. Just a Closer Walk With Thee

* Grayson Farmer on trumpet
ScS
From the Gecko

disc two is worth the price of the download. one of the best discs of the slip out there. one of the most consistent discs where my mouth drops to floor and i pass out from amazement.

EDIT:
beware the fricking viper!!!
Last edited by ScS on Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

that's why I picked it.. I thought that it was a good show and one that the public would really like to get their hands on... ya know..
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
Phrazz

Sources...nope

Well, I was at that show, and I have a soundboard I will not release (someone fiddled with the cables: pops and other nasties). We can ask Andrew's brother if that was indeed the only source, I seem to recall this being largely the case. I recall also seeing one of those taper hats up top...but forget the guy's name as I was too busy recruiting people for a much-needed session on the back porch overlooking the Transamerica building. Very interesting room...I'll have to dig up those pix somewhere. I have lots of CA pix that got moved or taken down when I swapped sites and should get those back up so all you folks have some nice JPEGs for your CD cases. 8) Now I'm remembering the excellent Afghani food we had across the street from Broadway and all the fine dancing establishments...San Francisco is such a diverse city. Oh, and the trip to Mt. Tamalpias and helping Audrey's mom with her stereo, the view overlooking Jerry's House and geezumcreezum I really gotta show you the pix sometime. That tour was remarkable...later on was the barn at Live Oak Canyon Road and the winding trek up another mountain in LA to the Rockett man's launch site, never knew was a "mistifier" was until that little trip. Or was that the following year? Maybe I'm glomming two tours together here. There was something on the beach, conversations under a blanket and the sunrise is just gravy. Ahhhh....the Left Coast!

There's so much to this show besides the show, but to those who weren't there, you'll just have to take my word for it. :wink:

-Phrazz