SMMD 04-02-05?

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Ryan
Tenfold
Location: Riverside, RI (Home of Lee's Restaurant and Lounge)

SMMD 04-02-05?

Did anyone tape Burlington?

Peace
-Ryan
"Who is Marc Friedman?"
The Fan Club Begins
bouche
Alsoa

i met cleantones there. I saw mics. I just hope it all worked out. I'd love a copy of that show.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I've already touched on this somewhere. My recording is awful. It's a great recording of drunk bar talk but not of the music. So it's not gonna see the light of day. Even the soundboard is pretty bad. A matrix would sound really poor too. The only hope would be if the band decided to mix the multitracks and put it out in some form. Please note that this is not "in the works" or anything like that. It's just the facts. Sucks!
bouche
Alsoa

You could release it as a 'spoken word' torrent. Maybe it could be turned into a play about people hanging around a bar and not paying attention to the great music in front of them. :wink:

It's too bad that it didn't work out. I'm enjoying any of the SMMD I've downloaded so far. It really doesn't matter if that show is available or not, they're all great to throw on.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

What really sucks is that the only reason I recorded from the back of the room was to have a recording to circulate. Typically I can only give out "room mics" for The Slip shows. If I had known that I would have gotten the okay to give out matrix mixes I would have had the mics onstage. If the ceilings weren't so high I would have clamped on somewhere. If I felt like not enjoying the show I would have set up mid floor and had to stand gaurd all night preventing people from spilling beer on my rig and knocking my stand over. I wanted to chill and wallk around instead. Hindsight man!!