5/30/99 outdoors party thing...

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

5/30/99 outdoors party thing...

http://www.phishhook.com/cgi-bin/search ... ue&&page=1

Why is it that this is not supposed to circulate? Anyone have the scoop?[/quote]
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

05/30/1999: Chris O'Donnell's Backyard (outside): Waterville Valley, NH
Set I: My Room, Ernie Mickey, "Flight of the Waterville Butterfly", A Crack in the Sundial, So Dope, Cumulus, Rhythm and Gold, Rhythm-a-ning
Set II: huge jam (20 min)*, Torque!, Johnny's Tune, Pictures of Calysto, Crumbed**, Field No Further, Straight No Chaser, The Highlands
Notes: ! Debut--originally, tentatively titled "Torph" after the famous Fred "Torph" Torphy. This was a private party at Chris O'Donnell's house (whose Caravan site birthed SlipBase) with 15-20 friends, many of whom had just graduated from Phillips-Exeter Academy and some kids from Little Rhody. Show was during day and outside. Beautiful spot with the slip playing on one side of side of a little stream and the 'crowd' on the other side. The DAT was hanging from a tree right above the band and the Discs sound absurdly good. Seriously the istrumental to start the second set is HUGE (It is labeled "We just got stoney by the river Jam"). [Jonny Bahr <jonnybahr at hotmail.com> - Friday, December 05, 2003 ; cleantone - Tuesday, November 18, 2003 ; JB]

Frankly.. I don't know... Torph should have a clue.. apparently, the quality of the recording (according to phishhook) is supposed to be awesome... I'd be really cool to hear... ya know...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
Katie
Invocation

Hmmm... no idea, but this is too funny:
Source: pinetree > D8
etahn
From the Gecko

I'm sure the 'no-circulate' is at the band's request. Maybe because the performance and recording were so sick that BAM thought they might release it. Maybe just because Brad had an itch in his socks that day.

As far as the pine tree stuff, the way I heard is is that they hung a pair of Core Sound binaurals (no shit!) from a pine tree right over the band. I had a picture of it for a while. I bet Torph still does.
The world really is magic
tote
Get Me with Fuji

the show

Sam wasn't doing sound, it was these guys from town who Chris' dad hired. They were in awe of Rythmaning. Anyway, I bet you that's why, Sam being the fourth member and all. I think BAM made pretty much all the sound adjustments themselves, and I remember there being a little bit of confusion working with the new guys, who were nice, but not really fmiliar with the slip or their sound. So could be that. Or maybe they just don't remember much of the second set, like me.
tote