SMMD 11-19-05 Torrent

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

pogo
Even Rats

SMMD 11-19-05 Torrent

Here's a torrent of the Surprise Me Mr. Davis show at the Sweetwater Saloon in Mill Valley, CA.

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=20533

Thanks to Carl S. for providing the copy of the show. Hope you all enjoy.

bp
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

fuck. my punishment for dropping my DSL to a slow upload. I have a mastered version of this recording that was gonna be sent to someone to seed. This one is not really bad or anything. The sound comes much more heavily from the right channel though. I don't know if you fixed the tracking but I think it was a little off as well. I have the 17th from Carl too. The crowd is REALLY chatty on it and I'm already debating a torrent vs. server for the 17th.
lumpy
From the Gecko

Pogo - thanks so much for getting a recording out there. It's so exciting to have an amazing night of music in person, AND to be able to listen back to it.

Cleantone - I don't think anyone would argue with multiple sources being circulated :) I'd be happy to seed it if you sent me flac's, and I'm sure others would be too.

on a side note - have you seen how many versions of each recent phil and friends show have been put up on archive....absolute craziness.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

on a side note - have you seen how many versions of each recent phil and friends show have been put up on archive....absolute craziness.
I just want to hear one with Scofield pronto!!
Cleantone - I don't think anyone would argue with multiple sources being circulated Smile I'd be happy to seed it if you sent me flac's, and I'm sure others would be too.
True. There is a couple issues though. If I did make another seed there would be two different sounding recordings from the same source. That can get a little buggy. Also, though Carl knew I was gonna do some post production prior to seeding, the "community" tends to look down on people who d/l a recording, hack job remaster it and repost. It looks like someone is trying to make a name for themselves. No matter how stupid that sounds. Even though that would not be the case, it might look like it. I kind of wish Carl told me he gave out other copies. It's not a big deal. Doesn't make much difference at all to me anyway. It would have been just slightly better to have this other version be the only one floating around. Now it'll be this first one instead. Hope that make sense.
lumpy
From the Gecko

makes sense

plus, I think we acknowledge that your only intent in remastering someone elses recording was to make a name for yourself. And that name is "nice". A nice cleantoe.

Maybe just put it up on dimeadozen, or via ftp, or (*nudge nudge*) archive.

Is there a chance of Surprise Me going up on Archive? I'll hold my breath.

Everyone should check out http://ogft.blogspot.com/2005/11/mr-davis-saves.html (i'd post it into here, but it's huge, and I think i've hijacked this thread enough). This guy Bernie posted it over on the thought swap parlor and I thought it was a really wonderful read.
pogo
Even Rats

Hey Clean-
Sorry about jumping the gun....didn't realize there were other plans for this. I did do some re-tracking before posting, though.

I also have a copy of the 17th, but I do not plan on seeding it due to the chatiness you mentioned. It's really distracting. Set two is a bit better, but I still don't think I'll seed it.

Hope everyone enjoys this one.

bp
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Sorry about jumping the gun....didn't realize there were other plans for this. I did do some re-tracking before posting, though.

I also have a copy of the 17th, but I do not plan on seeding it due to the chatiness you mentioned. It's really distracting. Set two is a bit better, but I still don't think I'll seed it.
Not a big deal at all. You wouldn't have known of course. I'm glad you fixed the tracking and I'm glad you agree about the 17th. You can hear way too much specific crowd banter and conversation. It would be better for now to not make it "widely available" via BT. Maybe another method would be better.
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

hey...

just so's you know, cleantone... there are some folks out there (namely, myself) who are dying to get ahold of a copy of the 17th!!

i was there, dancing my ass off right up front, and i'd *love* a copy regardless of the chattiness. *please* let me know if you seed it somewhere, or if i can just do a trade for it or something. i gotta have it...

:D
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>

Could someone please reseed this show on etree... It looks great and it seems like i missed the boat last time...

Thanks a lot!
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

hey... i'll open mine back up for a day or two, in case you didn't get it already today...

played this for the first time tonight. what a flashback! :D
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>

That's great! Thanks a lot Magpie! :lol: