little help please... 11/24/00 content

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

little help please... 11/24/00 content

I'm hoping some people here who may have 11/24/00 on CD or SHN/FLAC would check Solomon for me. See if the track cuts at the end or not. I goes into the seaseme street part and cuts at about 11:40. Does it on your version? Please check if you can.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

im starting the track on my stream, says its 11:40 long lets see,

yes it does, then right into sodope

weird

also

11-29-2002 anyone have the missing tracks?
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

What are you missing Dan?
11/29/2002: Rhodes-on-the-Pawtuxet Ballroom - Lazy Day Homecoming: Cranston, RI
Set I: intro> TEWDACYATM#> Wolof, 74*, Nellie Jean> Moral Decay
Set II: Get Me with Fuji, Tonight We Leave Chicago, Gemini (Kingdom of Light), Jumby, Put on a Happy Face!, Dear Melina, ? (Bouncy jazz tune)> Drums, Sometimes True to Nothing
Notes: Jim Crichton, Nick Violi: nvioli at mac.com - Saturday, November 30, 2002 - * Brad on the sitar-guitar. Club d'Elf, Mackie Burnett opened, along with comedy troupe and Leslie briefly ! Brad on boombox, drum confusion, etc. # Lengthy Brad title posted on theslip.com/graffit by Brad on 1/11/2003 (don't blame us!).
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

Fuji,
jumby
put on a happy face
sometimes true to nothing
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I have all of 11/29/02 and there doesn't seem to be any flaws. Wonder why you didn't get those tracks.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

i got it from Oz, then tried to cross referance with slipserver and i think jeff got it from jason.

now i need it from JIM

not in high priorety but someday ill get them.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I forget the exact instances for that show. I know some gear was Chris Friels, some was mine. If I remember right I was doing a matrix. After the show I needed to save the session. Someone wanted to start kicking people out so they could clean up and go home. They shut the power off and I was not done saving my session. So an external harddrive lost power to it while it was spinning and working. Almost all of the data was lost. I think I was only able to recover one or two tunes from the soundboard source. So luckily Chris and my buddy Brian were running DAT rigs that night. I still don't have a UPC for my rig. I do however try to make sure that the power I get will not be shut off for no reason. That pissed me off that night. I'm not sure if you meant Jim C. or not. I'd be happy to B+P if you wanted it that badly. I have SHN files for the whole show. I think I have Club Delf and Leslie Helperts sets too.

I still want to try to find a complete Weight of Solomon from the origional thread topic. Anyone?
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

leslie helpert? i'd love more leslie...
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
Katie
Invocation

Sorry Cleantone, I forgot about that cut-off on Solomon, I was aware of that. Searched through etree and phishhook quickly to see if anyone's notes listed who taped it, with no luck. But I found a note on one list from someone who is likely to have either taped it or got it straight from the taper back then, and it says '*horribly cut, sorry!'. So I'm guessing it's on the original, although there could be another source out there.

My 11/29/02 is complete too, and I thought mine came from OZ a long time ago, although I vaguely remember a problem where files got deleted/corrupted a few years ago and we had to re-upload a bunch of shows... which may be when something happenned to that one. Just speculating though. Dan, if you want I'll extract that to my computer so you can grab those via IM.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

oh yeah, that would be great. Thanks Katie
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Sorry Cleantone, I forgot about that cut-off on Solomon, I was aware of that. Searched through etree and phishhook quickly to see if anyone's notes listed who taped it, with no luck. But I found a note on one list from someone who is likely to have either taped it or got it straight from the taper back then, and it says '*horribly cut, sorry!'. So I'm guessing it's on the original, although there could be another source out there.
Yeah I found that too. I'm still curious if anyone should have a complete copy, just in case. It could be all circulating versions, meaning on the master too, but maybe not. You never know. Thanks.
Katie
Invocation

I'm working on getting those missing tracks from 11/29/02 resolved (re-uploading to OZ). I'll keep an eye out for a complete 11/24/00, but you might want to throw out an inquiry on Graffiti to those who don't check in here often (or for some reason are afraid of migration?).