Revolution Hall - 3/21/07 - Up and Running

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

Revolution Hall - 3/21/07 - Up and Running

Come and Get It!!

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=505381

A humongous thank you to Ed Guidry.
lumpy
From the Gecko

Thanks Hoby!
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

someone really shoulda pushed that girl over the balcony, its too bad the crowds at rev hall are always like this. I thought they performed really well, and much better than I expected. I actually thought when I got there we might have had a decent crowd cause it wasnt huge but alas theres always a few bad apples in Troy. Its a nice sounding recording, but it always seems the bad apples are always right next to the mics.
"One toke? You poor fool! Wait till you see those goddamn bats. "
hoby

tonygaboni wrote:someone really shoulda pushed that girl over the balcony
I was sitting right next to her and I was sorely tempted. I decided she wasn't worth prison time.
putty
From the Gecko

what's wrong with just telling them to shut the hell up? i've been told to shut the hell up before, and while i certainly had some other words for the person, i left the area shortly there after.
hoby

putty wrote:what's wrong with just telling them to shut the hell up?
Nothing, really. I just didn't have the "strength" to approach a table of 6 rowdy people and engage in an interaction. Based on their behavior up to that point, I felt like the exchange would have escalated into something that would have ended up on the recording.
lumpy
From the Gecko

Anyone else have diginoise at 7:42 into Airplane/Primitive?

Maybe my converstion from Flac > Apple Lossless went bad?
soraparuq
Mudslide

The Soprano moments

really those times when i wish i had a massive bodyguard along, or an all in family Soprano mobster at my side, to go over & tap the Chatty Cathy's politely, yet firmly on the shoulder & whisper to them "you wouldn't mind piping down, i'm sure...." 8)

no violence....just a large looming presence of a Hulk becoming annoyed. :shock:
y'know....Sometimes, it's just the way it is....
Dana
Non-Fiction
Ambrosia Drunk

Thanks for this, I always hate to miss a hometown show.
putty wrote:what's wrong with just telling them to shut the hell up?
One of my favorite "shut the hell up" moments occured at apollo sunshine opening at north six. It was early, around 9 and there was this chick already gone, standing in front of Jesse, pretty much not ever shutting her mouth, screaming "Youre my favorite band!" My friend loudly said "If theyre youre favorite band then why dont you shut the fuck up?" She was so obnoxious Jesse noticed and snidely said "Oh do you like beer?.....Me too" She drifted off into the shadows after that.

ok, kinda one of those 'you had to be there' moments.
And if there's one thing I know to be true, it's let what you love be what you do.
hoby

Non-Fiction wrote:One of my favorite "shut the hell up" moments...
One of mine was with the latest Scofield Trio at the Van Dyke in Schenectady. Towards the end of his set he was talking about the next piece and the people in the back, by the bar, were talking and laughing louder and louder. He stops in the middle of a sentence and yells "HEY, SHUT THE FUCK UP!!" We all break into applause and then he smiles and nicely says "Please."
putty
From the Gecko

i have a Jeff Tweedy show from 2/3/06 where he goes off on the crowd for about 3 minutes. you can see some of it on his DVD Sunken Treasure, which is really good.

some quotes from his rant...

people who are talking during this performance, i have a question for you: what can i do to be of better service to you?

if you're happy talking, why did you come here?

can you shut up for once in your fucking lives and have some fun without moving your fucking mouth?

JT: Can you not hear in the back? Can you hear in the back?
crowd: NO!
JT: Well you know why? Cause you're talking!!

My favorite live shut the hell up was Neil Young at Chastain Park in Atlanta. It was on his Greendale tour, and he was playing Bandit, the only acoustic song of the night, to the wine and cheese eating yuppy talkers. He stopped in the middle of the song and goes:

"That reminds me of Las Vegas. It's too loud. Once I played in Las Vegas and I made the sad mistake of playing acoustic, and they talked through every song and I don't do that anymore. So it's nice to know we've got a little bit of Las Vegas right here in Atlanta... That last song was about Sun Green and her dad and you didn't need to hear it anyway."

I was so glad he said something. That's the only time I've ever seen Neil, and couldn't believe all the talkers.
hoby

lumpy wrote:Anyone else have diginoise at 7:42 into Airplane/Primitive?

Maybe my converstion from Flac > Apple Lossless went bad?
I didn't notice any.
tyler
From the Gecko

putty wrote:i have a Jeff Tweedy show from 2/3/06 where he goes off on the crowd for about 3 minutes. you can see some of it on his DVD Sunken Treasure, which is really good.

some quotes from his rant...

people who are talking during this performance, i have a question for you: what can i do to be of better service to you?

if you're happy talking, why did you come here?

can you shut up for once in your fucking lives and have some fun without moving your fucking mouth?

JT: Can you not hear in the back? Can you hear in the back?
crowd: NO!
JT: Well you know why? Cause you're talking!!
Oh man that rant is priceless. Jeff Tweedy is awesome. And yeah that DVD is great (incredible versions of Sunken Treasure and Airline to Heaven and Laminated Cat from the Loose Fur project).