tres festivals

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Colin
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

tres festivals

please tell me someone taping these last three shows of the tour
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I am going to tape The Slip & SMMD sets at High Sierra, first time I'm taping at High Sierra since the earlier part of this centrury :)

I'm hoping to find someone with nicer mics and a decent pre-amp I can plug my DAT out of as I am not that satisfied with the Rode NT4 directly into the Tascam these days though since both sets at High Sierra will be outdoors I don't think I would overload my pre-amp.

I was going to try to tape off the radio onto my computer as well (for those of you who haven't been, Grizzly Radio broadcasts from all the stages on different frequencies so you can sit around your camp and listen) but I haven't gotten my act together yet and am leaving tomorrow and still have to get/pack important things like clothes and booze. I guess I could just plug an old walkman into my MacBook Pro and see what happens but at this point I am thinking about leaving the computer at home since I spend so much time on the damn thing anyway.

Also if all goes well High Sierra will release the sets on FestivaLive official CD's. They generally sound pretty nice. You can still buy them from previous years. They don't release all the sets, it is up to the bands and sometimes there are technical snafu's so I don't really count on it...

I hope someone tapes All Good, or to be more specific tapes it and circulates it as we haven't seen Bonnaroo or Wakarusa yet. It is easy to get impatient though with the ease of torrents.

Anyway if anyone wants to look me up I'll be behind the Beef barn in our little camper (mini-RV on Toyota body) with Ambience crew, there's a bunch of stickers on the back including a Slip one... It (and my fiancee) are already up there actually.
lumpy
From the Gecko

Leaving in just a bit ourselves :)

Over on the HS page, Grizzly Radio posted this:
It is with deep regret that I have to inform everyone here that there will be no Grizzly Radio FM broadcast this year. Yesterday we received a warning from the FCC regarding unlicensed radio operation. Although we're confident that what we do at Grizzly is FCC compliant, we do not have the time or manpower to verify it prior to the festival. Our other broadcast outlet, 100.3 FM in Quincy, is not currently on the air, leaving us no alternatives.

Instead of an over-the-air broadcast, the Grizzly folks will do what we normally do - playing the sets live and conducting interviews. It just will not be broadcast in real time. Instead, festival goers are invited to bring a USB-equipped MP3 player to the Grizzly booth at the Grandstand stage. There you should be able to download Grizzly broadcast segments and listen to them.

Once again, I apologize but this is the best we can do on such short notice. We will work to remedy this situation and be back live next year. Please pass this information on to anyone that may be coming - bring your MP3 players, not your radios.

Dave Barnett
Grizzly Radio Crew Leader
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

someone should do that for sure. load up your iPod and then rip it off later.