Torrent - The Slip 9/3/00 Turin NY

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Torrent - The Slip 9/3/00 Turin NY

This one totally slipped off my radar. I guess I've been avoiding bt.etree.org after all their recent database issues...

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=515057

The Slip
September 3, 2000
Snow Ridge Ski Area
Turin, NY

Source: Neumann U89(omni, split 12')>Apogee AD-1000>Tascam DA-P1(44.1 kHz)
Transfer DAT(m)>DA-P1>M-Audio Audiophile 2496>Sound Forge 6.0(record, fades)>CD Wave Editor 1.71(tracking)>Flac Frontend 1.7.1(verify, align, level 6)

01. intro
02. Co-op City
03. Johnny's Tune
04. The Highlands
05. You Might Say
06. Don't Foil the Mohel
07. Moral Decay

Notes:
- d1t02 diginoise 9:05

Taped by Rob Shiner
Transferred by Gil Galdieri
(April 23, 2008)
etahn
From the Gecko

Anybody listen to this yet? I've got a copy of it (presumably from Oz), but it's got mad fluttery static in it. Not so much that you can't make out the music, but it's kind of like a fly buzing your ear back and forth, over and over, and over, and over. Might just be a bad mp3 conversion, artifacts and whatnot.

Tell me this doesn't sound like that,, because the band sounds good, but the tape I have is unlistenable.
The world really is magic
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I just listened to this tonight, sounds pretty darned good to me. There is one digi-pop as noted and they do talk about having sound problems but it's a nice recording. They also are playing really well.

When I was seeing the Marco trio at Yoshi's in San Francisco on Tuesday (which was an awesome show!) I was thinking how cool it would be if The Slip did a jazz tour, playing some of their old material in jazz clubs. The audiences are so quiet and respectful it's amazing, like being in church. I do remember seeing them at Yoshi's in Oakand a long time ago, 2001 maybe...
BrentW
Get Me with Fuji

I second that Harry. That would be soooo cooool!
ScS
From the Gecko

this has been reseeded for anyone interested.

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=527194
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb