The Slip 8/5/05 Nugroove [bit torrent on etree]

Forum for discussion of taping and trading The Slip! See Subforums for Barrs, Davis, and other music.

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

The Slip 8/5/05 Nugroove [bit torrent on etree]

francis
From the Gecko

cant' wait to get this. i guess it turns out, he was the one i was talking about. well, i didn't see anyone else there using soundforge besides on person, who seemed to have a dell, so i guess it was him. these have been sounding good so far.
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

very cool. i think this ed dude is the same guy that was camping next to us with a dell laptop and a nice rig. sorry i dont know shit about rigs. anyway, this dude taped all or almost all of friday and saturday. i dont think he was there for the duo.

cleantone, do you know this dude personally?
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
francis
From the Gecko

from what i saw, he recorded everything up to RAQ.. he may have been gone by then but i think he did everything except sunday.
-francis

tim
The Weight of Solomon

this was the dude who was camping next to us confirmed. i heard the copy of the show saturday morning and it sounded pretty good. he was not around for any of the music on sunday.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Yeah I know Ed from Schleigho shows. In fact I'm not even sure that he is really into The Slip. I think he covers shows for me sometimes knowing I would want him to. I have helped him out in learning about recording and gear and stuff. I met him in 2002 I think. Really great guy!

I'm so fed up with torrents. I think the guy in front of me is firewalled. I'm spitting up 45k but only pulling down 13k and I think whoever is between me an the seeders (who have not dropped off*) choking the throughput. Even though it sais nobody is firewalled in the display I think that is a load of crap.

*etree d/lers are really good at jumping off a torrent the minute they complete. People should at least make sure they have uploaded as much as they had downloaded. Expessially when there is only 10 or less seeders.
francis
From the Gecko

so your's is saying that no one is firewalled too? for some reason, mine's been doing that all summer.. it may be me that's firewalled. whenever i'm at my house, i always get stuck at yellow. can't wait to get back to school..

edit: what program are you using?
-francis

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I'm not actually sure what is happening. I was having major issues uploading (out of the blue) yesterday and d/l the newest "bit torrent" client version 4.0.3. My ISP max's my upload at 48k. This new version has an option to limit your upload. I've heard that you should limit it to a little less than your actual ISP limit to leave room for data to move up and down. I played with the setting and do the data to move pretty well for a little while. It slowed a bit recently and I am at 78% as of now and my upload is not as high as it could be. It's at about 15k as I type this, the limit set to 40k. I am getting 65k down which is quite bearable. I should have it d/l in on hour from now. I will upload some more too but also want to put Oshe from stone bear on there too. Oh, YES for a while now the display has constantly read that nobody is firewalled. I think it is doing hta for everyone. Someone was talking about that this weekend. They said they know they are firewalled but it sais they are not. Sometimes everything is fine but some torrents I try to get on other sites don't move above just a few k (4k-9k) ever. That is bogus.
I wish I kept up with the computer classes I used to do a a kid in the mid 80's. I'd be styling right about now.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Oshe
8/6/05
The Stone Bear
Tyrone Farm
Pomfret, CT

Cleantone Digital Audio post production matrix

source1: FOB (ortf) Neumann KM184 (big windscreens)> Lunatec V3 (HPF 2) > AES/EBU> MOTU 896
source2: Allen and Heath console group outputs> XLR to 1/4"> Aphex 207> 1/4"> MOTU 896
lineage: MOTU 896> firewire> TiBook G4> Digital Performer 3.2> AIFF> xACT> FLAC16

recorded, mixed, and mastered by Clinton Vadnais (cleantone hotmail com)

disk one:

1. Miyagi 7:24
2. Good Book 12:14
3. World Anthem 6:18
4. Dub Knocker 5:01
5. Fibrilation 7:01
6. Crispin 9:36
7. Dragon 12:54

disk two:

1. Regicide* 12:32
2. Dischord* 6:50
3. Texas Funeral 5:58

*with David FUZE Fiuczynski on guitar

www.oshe.org
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

Cleantone wrote:Oshe
8/6/05
The Stone Bear
Tyrone Farm
Pomfret, CT

Cleantone Digital Audio post production matrix

source1: FOB (ortf) Neumann KM184 (big windscreens)> Lunatec V3 (HPF 2) > AES/EBU> MOTU 896
source2: Allen and Heath console group outputs> XLR to 1/4"> Aphex 207> 1/4"> MOTU 896
lineage: MOTU 896> firewire> TiBook G4> Digital Performer 3.2> AIFF> xACT> FLAC16

recorded, mixed, and mastered by Clinton Vadnais (cleantone hotmail com)

disk one:

1. Miyagi 7:24
2. Good Book 12:14
3. World Anthem 6:18
4. Dub Knocker 5:01
5. Fibrilation 7:01
6. Crispin 9:36
7. Dragon 12:54

disk two:

1. Regicide* 12:32
2. Dischord* 6:50
3. Texas Funeral 5:58

*with David FUZE Fiuczynski on guitar

www.oshe.org

:shock: when do we get this??????
francis
From the Gecko

hopefully soon, hah. Dub Knocker? never heard that.. i want to hear this FUZE guy with them
-francis

tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

looks to be up now, thanks cleantone!

dub knocker I believe is listed as Ba Dubba on the good book, I have no clue as to why its listed as dub knocker in so many set lists, maybe I missed something.

anyone know?
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=17101

They call it Dub Knocker now I guess.

Enjoy! Hopefully it will flow well unlike yesterday.

edit:

by the way if things go MY way Oshe may be opening a spot or two for The Slip during the October run. If it goes 100% my way Burlington and Pearl St both. If it doesn't go my way none of them. I'll know more soon.

It will be back up in a few minutes with a fixed track and new text file. I don't know if it is me or seeders but I'm haveing a hard time getting torrents to effing start and it's pissing me off.
Last edited by Cleantone on Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

Cleantone wrote: by the way if things go MY way Oshe may be opening a spot or two for The Slip during the October run. If it goes 100% my way Burlington and Pearl St both. If it doesn't go my way none of them. I'll know more soon.
:shock: I was thinking about this the first day of Nugroove since they both played the same day, Never thought it could actually be though.
Phrazz

Slip NuGroove recording

I don't do BT (security reasons). If someone wants to mail me a CD, I'll post it on SlipLive for FTP download (it's only .5 GB).

-Phrazz