Slipstream beta design how you like?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Does the "Click to Listen" link work for your OS and Browser?

Yes
25%
No
50%
Loads but no response
25%
Plays in External Player only
No votes

Total votes: 4

Katie
Invocation

Dan, just read the Copyright section I added to the charter for this site to give you some tips on usage of photography or other media on your website. Pretty much the deal is just because someone posts something online in a public website doesn't mean you can use it for something else without their permission, so ask and give credit where due. Good luck with your site.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

The roof top photo will remain. Sorry for being naive about the photos. I got permission to use it, and i should have done that all along. And Phrazz im sorry that i took your photograph. I love your photo's and thank you that they are avalible. Sorry that i took them as free domain. I hope you understand, after that frightening message. Thanks everyone

dan
admin
Site Admin

Photos

Hey Dan...thanks for understanding. It's always a good policy to check first, not after. This can save you also from a great deal of hassle.

Marybeth is a bit trigger-happy, but that's her job. She's really nice if you meet her in person. She's just looking out for everyone...and cooks a great apple pie.

-Phrazz
JEFFfromNC

For thoes curious

Taken from: http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#hsc

HOW TO SECURE A COPYRIGHT
Copyright Secured Automatically upon Creation
The way in which copyright protection is secured is frequently misunderstood. No publication or registration or other action in the Copyright Office is required to secure copyright. (See following Note.) There are, however, certain definite advantages to registration. See "Copyright Registration."

Copyright is secured automatically when the work is created, and a work is "created" when it is fixed in a copy or phonorecord for the first time. "Copies" are material objects from which a work can be read or visually perceived either directly or with the aid of a machine or device, such as books, manuscripts, sheet music, film, videotape, or microfilm. "Phonorecords" are material objects embodying fixations of sounds (excluding, by statutory definition, motion picture soundtracks), such as cassette tapes, CDs, or LPs. Thus, for example, a song (the "work") can be fixed in sheet music (" copies") or in phonograph disks (" phonorecords"), or both.

If a work is prepared over a period of time, the part of the work that is fixed on a particular date constitutes the created work as of that date.
“We search for acceptance, yet we give not freely...”
"There is a lot more to people, then you might give them credit for."
Addictions: I spent many years unknowingly acquiring them, now I spend every minute trying to fight them.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

new listen button

A few people have contacted me as to why the site listen button would not work. I Created a javascript, or merely coppied it from the AudioRealm website. I am pretty sure that the player will not play from that link so use an external player, and dont use windows media player as it only plays mp3 and wma. use the winamp extension and that will beable to play in winamp, itunes, musicmach, realplayer or anything that plays shoutcast files.
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

Requests

Do you think it would be appropriet to limit requests like 4 in an hour because one user has been requesting several songs in a row limiting others to request? Just let me know right now im for either way.
SamNo.2

Re: Beta design

Phrazz wrote:I don't do Beta. I do DVD.
Are you sure you don't mean DVDA? While I'm at it, I should say that I totally support Phrazz on this, not on the DVDA bit, but on the rest of it.

Keep it clean people!
ScS
From the Gecko

Re: Requests

Dan wrote:Do you think it would be appropriet to limit requests like 4 in an hour because one user has been requesting several songs in a row limiting others to request? Just let me know right now im for either way.
no, but i think it might be appropriate if the traffic on it increased...what is the average amount of listeners at a time during the day?
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb
Jared

OH MAN IT WORKS

after days of not being able to access the slipstream i just clicked the new link http://www.isounds.org/listen.asx and now it works!

shit dis stuff is dope!

Jared
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

Down for good

Although Isounds.org is still up, and may still function, I am in the process of changing everything for the new site www.TheSlipStream.org I really would like any feedback to make the site more user friendly.

thanks

dan