thom yorke - the eraser

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

tyler
From the Gecko

thom yorke - the eraser

i know there are some radiohead fans on this board. any of you guys get thom yorke's solo cd yet? picked it up yesterday, good stuff. reminiscent of more electronic radiohead stuff, but you can tell that it's not really a radiohead album. that's ok though, thom's vocals and lyrics are more featured this way, and they're really good on the cd.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

i like it alot but i can tell it's one of those things i have to be in the mood for. the self titled track and 'and it rained all night' are definitely my fav tracks.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

i havent dove into yet that much. i keep forgetting to put it on the ipop. but from what i listened it has the dark mood to it, which i do like.

maybe they'll pick a song or two and play them as a band live, that would be cool.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
GeMeNeYe
Get Me with Fuji

Wanna get an advance listen on some of the tracks from Eraser? Check here:

http://elbo.ws/mp3s/Thom%20Yorke%20Eraser/page/1/

Some of the links will be dead, but this is kind of a neat resource to check out lots of music.

Enjoy!
tyler
From the Gecko

diesel wrote:i havent dove into yet that much. i keep forgetting to put it on the ipop. but from what i listened it has the dark mood to it, which i do like.

maybe they'll pick a song or two and play them as a band live, that would be cool.
i saw an interview with i think one of the Greenwoods who said the band were working on some Eraser songs to put into the live set. Thom and Jonny played Cymbal Rush together at that Friends of the Earth gig in May and it was really, really good. i'd like to see them try Black Swan or The Clock.
francis
From the Gecko

i think i read that interview and i think it more along the lines that he wanted to incoporate those songs into the set list but felt like they would fuck them up.. or something sounding like they weren't going to do it.
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!