Am I an idiot...

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

francis
From the Gecko

Am I an idiot...

for even having to think if i should be going to see broken social scene/do make say think tonight?
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

i went to the show on monday. DMST was really really good. I didnt catch their whole set, but what i saw was trippy.

BSS was much better than ive seen before. they all rocked out and everyone performed really well, with the exception of the young lady who sang the female leads. she was timid and didnt sing loud enough. at least she looked good doing it.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
francis
From the Gecko

how long was the show?
-francis

tim
The Weight of Solomon

DMST play for about an hour and BSS pretty much played for about two hours. i'd go if only to see DMST.

i ran into an old college friend at the show and it turnt out he's an investor in the club and helps out with the booking. he claims that this is the last tour BSS is going to be doing for a while. he said they were taking time off to for other projects and they had no plans for BSS in the near future. mind you, i don't know how credible that info is so take it with a grain of salt...
tyler
From the Gecko

i've heard the same, given that everyone in BSS is in 2 other bands they need time for that. it'll be like the YFIIP-S/T gap of 3 years again, how sad. :(

my girlfriend saw them last night back home in Providence, though she had to leave before BSS even started. she did say DMST was one of the best shows she had ever seen though, and that they said they're putting out a new album in February (YES YES YES).
francis
From the Gecko

they were talking about that tonight at the show. no details, just talking about not playing together for a while after this tour.

the show was great. sadly, we only got around 20 minutes of do make say think. still amazing though. bss came on about 10-15 minutes after and rocked for a solid two hours.

edit: from this show, i'm going to now check out do make say think next time they're through the area and headlining.
-francis