not that i'm any good with numbers...

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

chloe
Lion on a Rock

not that i'm any good with numbers...

so it's a balmy late november night in a little coffee shop in boston. i'm brewing up some more decaf and one of my regulars comes running up to the counter with something to excitedly show me. it's a newspaper, judging by the shape it's either the metro or... ah yes, the boston pheonix... he opens it to a nearly full page article entitled "Guitar heros too - The Slip fall into the rock." (i had money riding on the first slip-fall pun being something of the sort of "fall into the slip" but i guess i was wrong) (of note--directly across is an article on the harmonix celebration for GHII ! woo hoo go harmonix!!!) now yes, i know chloe, there's already a sticky for reviews of eisenhower etc... but... listed on the top of the section is a listing of the "top ten local cds" and eisehnhower tied it at number ten with dane cook.

so my little mind starts working and i'm thinking wow... top ten... pheonix... nice... and i wonder, if it's in the top ten of this here list in this here paper, where else has eisenhower popped up...

so it's hanging out in the newbury comics top 25 indie cd's... two behind joan osborne (who's two behind gnarls barkley) and two ahead of pj harvey.

and then i followed a link (yes i can google and point and click and that's about it ladies and gentlemen) and it's chilling next to the new foo fighters cd on the filter store's top sellers list... like, right there, front page, not even far enough down that you have to scroll... it's like... color shapes faces chaos... gazelle... and i'm thinking... wow... like, sean lennon, the mars volta, beck, scissor sisters, and jet are relegted to the second page... and there's eisenhower... woo hoo!

and as i said, i'm doing some heavy duty point and click research here... just wondering if there's any other good news that might have slipped through the cracks (grrrr.... didn't see that pun coming but there it is anyways...) cause i know based on the amount of good energy this cd has come in contact with it should be right where it is and we should all be proud.

and yes, phrazz etc... if this truly should be in the ike sticky... i travel well, feel free to move me
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

chole, this should answer youre questions, hope you are well!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime :wink:
"One toke? You poor fool! Wait till you see those goddamn bats. "