egyptians

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

putty
From the Gecko

egyptians

http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2007/829/hr1.htm

good article on the pyramids.

i think they were aliens. no other way they could've built those things. same with the mayans.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

Re: egyptians

putty wrote:i think they were aliens. no other way they could've built those things. same with the mayans.
i like the way you think. go out and get the book 'alien agenda' by jim marrs. it's probably the best book i've ever read on the subject of ufo's and aliens.
francis
From the Gecko

just watched a show last night about this stuff. one prof of anthropology was ripping all the theories apart.. it was funny.
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

ripping the non-alien theories apart or the alien ones?
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

i think they were aliens. no other way they could've built those things. same with the mayans.
Don't underestimate the power of human kind.
magpie

*nods*
but when modern humans with all the best of modern technology abandon a similar project because it would take over a 1000 years to complete, even with all the technology... and the precision with which these ancient structures were built (angles, proportion, etc) that cannot be achieved today even with modern technology... it kinda makes you wonder, eh?...
<i>become...

are</i>
tim
The Weight of Solomon

magpie wrote:
*nods*
but when modern humans with all the best of modern technology abandon a similar project because it would take over a 1000 years to complete, even with all the technology... and the precision with which these ancient structures were built (angles, proportion, etc) that cannot be achieved today even with modern technology... it kinda makes you wonder, eh?...
this and astrological significance of the pyramids' locations really makes this topic "out of this world"...

The Great Pyramid was constructed between 3809 B.C. and 2896 B.C. (according to multiple mortar samples that were tested for carbon-14 dating in 1986 in Zurich, Switzerland) and we, now in the beginning of the third millennium, still do not have either the technology or engineering skills to duplicate that magnificent structure. In fact, it is still a puzzle in regard to HOW it was built.

Presently there are two types of cranes in the world that are capable of lifting stone blocks that weigh as much (70+ tons) as railroad steam engines. However, after attaching a boom arm long enough to accomplish the task of lifting to heights equal to the Great Pyramid (approx. 481 ft high), the boom arm acts like a lever and the entire assembly disintegrates.
The Great Pyramid is the most perfectly aligned structure in the world. Its alignment is superior to that produced by laser technology.
The Great Pyramid is a scale model of the Earth at a ratio of 1 : 43,200.
The enormous granite and limestone blocks are so precisely placed that the joints are less than one fiftieth of an inch in thickness. The joints are held by a type of "cement" the composition of which we have been unable to determine.
The Great Pyramid has perfect geometric relationships.
It contains a complete astronomical catalogue of our solar system.
It contains, in its various ratios and dimensions, the quantum physics of light.
The Great Pyramid's height is in relationship to its base sides as a circles' radius is to its circumference ( 1/2 Pi ).
There are absolutely no Egyptian artifacts (tools or records) that indicate that it was the Egyptians who built The Great Pyramid.
Some of the stone work performed in the construction of The Great Pyramid requires high speed diamond tipped drills that operate at an efficiency of approximately 500 times the efficiency and power of our contemporary tools.
The ancient Egyptians had neither the tools nor the technology nor the mathematics to create The Great Pyramid. There are no records regarding the construction of The Great Pyramid nor does The Great Pyramid contain any hieroglyphics. The "language" of The Great Pyramid is mathematics and symbol. The most obvious mathematical expression is Pi and most of its geometric expressions are centered around the astronomy of the Sun's apparent movement around the Earth. The Great Pyramid is a monument to light.
magpie

yup.
exactly.

why we (the generalized social "we") continue to believe that we are the only intelligent life in the universe completely baffles me.
<i>become...

are</i>
joexc1315
Tenfold

At the same time it also baffles me why we think we are the height of humanity. We shouldn't under estimate cleverness, common sense, and massive amounts of man power. I just heard on NPR the other day about a group (maybe the phoenicians) from the middle who had central air back in JC's day. No coolants used either, just good understanding of how wind and airflow affect a building.
putty
From the Gecko

yeah, i went to the Alhambra in Spain, and they had little canals to run water through the whole place, which worked as AC as well as other things.
Phrazz

Walk like an Egyptian

Just think of the great monument I could build for myself if I had 130,000 slaves working under yoke and whip, executing all those who refused to move large blocks of stone all day in the hot desert sun. Cradle of civilization is a nice way to put it. We all have our gods now, don't we (whether they be aliens or half-human, half-beast archetypes)?

The retard who did the mechanical math for building the pyramids forgot to notice you can build the ramps on the outside and slide up using rollers, then remove the ramps when you're done. It's sheerly ludicrous to suggest that the pyramids were build using modern-day cranes over 481 ft high. This whole diatribe smacks of fabrication. I'll have a real Civil Engineer take a look at this and let me know what she thinks about the "science" here.

Don't believe everything you read (including this). However, in essence, people believe what they *want* to, and reason matters very little in this wonderful power of the human mind. Fundamentally, the Truth is what You Believe (and noone else is going to change that!). That is what Fundamentalism is all about -- to refrain from seeking the Truth at all costs.

Then again, at least the Pharaohs have some long-lasting buildings in the desert to show for all of someone's hard work. What do we have? Some rusty old iron drilling rigs? What will be left in another 5 thousand years?

Ozymandias rears his ugly head again.

-Skeptically,

Phrazz

http://www.cheops-pyramide.ch/khufu-pyr ... tones.html

Regular precision? I'm sure these photos were doctored:

http://doernenburg.alien.de/alternativ/ ... yr17_e.php

Some pyramid geometry observations:

http://www.tony5m17h.net/pyramid.html

And some reading on the inaccuracies of carbon dating:

http://www.actionbioscience.org/evolution/benton.html

This is loosely relevant (if at all), but is a hell of a fun read:

http://www.rabble.ca/babble/ultimatebb. ... 1&t=001692
etahn
From the Gecko

magpie wrote:yup.
exactly.

why we (the generalized social "we") continue to believe that we are the only intelligent life in the universe completely baffles me.
I think its important to recognize the possibility of other forms of intelligent life, but let's not get carried away. You can regard the Pyramids (or crop circles or Stonehenge or my left nut) as evidence of aliens, but rest assured, the fact that you haven't come up with a solution/idea/whatever doesn't mean that solution/idea/whatever doesn't exist. I am continually amazed at the music that comes out of people, combinations of sound that I haven't considered. But they're there.

BTW those guys at Murph's last night were pretty solid. I had never really considered their particular blend of jazz, funk and reggae, but there it was, clear as day, and awfully hard to leave behind (stupid drive back to Rhody).

(chick) peas
The world really is magic
putty
From the Gecko

I appreciate the thoughtful responses.

i don't necessarily believe aliens built the pyramids, but it sure is fun to imagine.

and if it is true that modern engineering equipment would take that long to build the great pyramid, my mind is officially blown.

i generally think wonders like the great pyramid aren't conjured anymore. can you imagine what kind of original inspiration it took just to get that project going? even if it was aliens, it was a big deal. the alien leaders had to hold conferences and vote on which planet to build their latest communication device. then get the funding together and award the project to the most qualified construction firm.
magpie

whether it be aliens or previous human civilizations, really matters not.
aside from the fact that we might not be the most intelligent species in the universe, the main point to take home is that we tend to think of our modern civilization as the pinnacle to date of human evolution, creativity, technology, and thought, when that simply may not be the case at all. we need humility above all else, and a good amount of awe doesn't hurt either. the fact that the pyramids can't be built with modern technology within a reasonable timeframe or with such accuracy should really soften the cultural ego a bit. woa, there's alot more to learn....
<i>become...

are</i>
etahn
From the Gecko

You know, we have these things called computers which are truly amazing engineering marvels. Ask anyone who's ever taken a class with assembly language, or anyone who's ever seen an actual chip design, and they'll tell you how remarkable it is that the darn thing even works.

I wonder why we see the pyramids as so much more mysterious. Maybe it's because we see computers every day and don't think so much about them. We are amazed (I am anyway) at the idea that the Great Pyramid contains a map of the entire solar system, yet we fail to recognize that microchips rely on intimate knowledge of things like the speed of electrical current across (through?) a given medium (like Silicon).

One man gathers what another man spills....
The world really is magic