The Slip on Conan - set your tivo's now for MONDAY NITE!!!

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

Anonymous wrote:im hoping for a trombone sit in from "La Bamba" :shock:

ill take a rockin C.O.D, maybe brad can walk over and climb on conans desk :twisted:
:twisted:
"One toke? You poor fool! Wait till you see those goddamn bats. "

Max

btw, don't diss on Max --

Max Weinberg is actually a pretty sick drummer
bouche
Alsoa

damn. my computer failed to record it. So I won't be able to put it up on youTube and now I have to wait until I get home to see it on my PVR.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

shoot.. I didn't get to see it.. old man that I am... I'm sure it will reach youtube eventually though...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Rob Turner
Cumulus

I thought Brad sounded a little nervous at first, but overall it was a pretty good reading and now they are no longer TV rookies. The version was extremely truncated of course (prolly why "Cod" and not "Rats" or "Primitive" as those might have really lost their flavor if shortened), and the end sounded a li'l strange. They let Marc take something of a solo - and having a bass solo on national TV is a refreshing twist in this sometimes oh-too-predictable music world. This is still great exposure, millions of people probably saw it and some fraction of them will now delve into the band in some fashion and the next time they are on national TV it will be a breeze for them.

Brad really loosened up vocally after referencing...was it Max Cohen, during one, I think, altered lyric??

The very first comedy segment, after the monologue, was also pretty good. The rest of the show was slightly subpar by Conan standards, excepting The Office girl's elevator ride with Conan story (apparently she used to intern for Late Night).
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Be sure to right click (control click for you one button Mac people) to download that to disk or it might come up as a mess of gibberish.
putty
From the Gecko

April is for Max and Conan!