Trey busted [12/15/06]

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Colin
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

Trey busted [12/15/06]

Former Phish frontman Trey Anastasio was arrested by village police early this morning and charged with DWI-drugs after they stopped his car for failure to keep right.

Ernest Anastasio was stopped at 3:30 a.m. by Patrolman Andrew Mija who said the musician was observed to be under the influence of a narcotic substance after failing field testing, Patrolman Jeff Whalen said this morning.

Anastasio lives in Vermont, which is just over the border from this Washington County community. Whalen said he had a suspended driver's license in New York and allegedly was found with an assortment of prescription medications including hydrocodone, Percocet and Xanax, which were prescribed for another person.

Anastasio was charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation, seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and DWI - drugs, Whalen said. He was released from custody with appearance tickets for a later date.

http://www.jambase.com/headsup.asp?storyID=9637

read bout it originally in the paper. he was on pain killers, heroin, and other stuff. said he could get up to 14 years!

sad day
Phrazz

That was before Christmas last year (2006)

Also I think it's helpful to read this:

"I feel terrible about what happened last night, and I am deeply sorry for any embarrassment I have caused my friends, family and fans," Anastasio said in a written statement.

http://www.trey.com/

Note the note: [Published on 12/15/2006]

I'm a bit worried Trey's riding the horse again, but it's been a while since we chilled over beers. :wink: Embarrassment is no big deal, but OD'ing definitely ruins your day. I hope he gets the help he needs and not media or police scrutiny.

-Phrazz
Colin
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

i just found out that this is rather old news. but it just appeared in out paper now
tyler
From the Gecko

i'm pretty indifferent to Phish and his solo stuff, but his arraignment yesterday made the front page of the Burlington Free Press. all i remember from the article though is that he gave his home address as just "New York City" and that when he was leaving some (presumably burnt-out) Phishhead yelled out to him "You're a Jedi knight, Trey!" i shit you not. oh and that he spent january at Eric Clapton's luxury rehab place in Antigua. i got the feeling that he'll avoid jail time and that this will all blow over soon enough though.
headnugg
Invocation

When you're rich and famous in this country nothing ever happens to you.....unless you're Martha Stewart
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.