New Merch

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

bear
From the Gecko

New Merch

what do you guys think of the new T's and Hoodies? I think the horse T stinks but I like the womens tank tops. The hoodie is sweet though. However, big guys like me can't fit into Smalls and Mediums!

Guess I'll have to wait even longer to get a shirt that from my favorite band, argh!
"if there's one thing I know to be true, let what you love be what you do"

http://www.talkingaboutcommas.com
http://www.liesanddreams.blogspot.com
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

It is hard for big guys to get slip clothing. I almost got a remaindered AliveElectric XXL at the Providence NYE run show but it was way too big (when it rains it pours I guess) and was thinking on getting one of the Eisenhower T's at NYE but they were sold out in XL by that point. At the Indy they had the horse T's but they didn't really get me going and I'm not even sure if they had XL mens.

What I really want is a New Years poster from this past year, they seemed to have a lot left after the show and I was hoping they would pop up on the website as lots of old posters are there but no dice so far.
ScS
From the Gecko

it seems to me that bands have been going in the big is small direction for awhile.

an xl is a large. a large is a small. can't imagine what a small would look like. it'd probably fit a dog comfortably.

has the emo/indie/etc generation taken over the haberdasher industry?
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb
Katie
Invocation

I got a small hoodie for my birthday yesterday. The sizing is a bit weird. I'm rather petite at 5'2 and the length is very long on me (I have to roll the sleeve cuffs under), but width-wise it fits quite snuggly. I know that Threadless.com uses American Apparel so I checked their <a href="http://www.threadless.com/sizechart">sizing chart</a> before I let my guy order one for me. If you're tall, skinny and have no chest, then the hoodies will definitely fit you... otherwise you should probably check measurements first. :wink:

Anyway... I do really like mine. It's pretty warm, even though the fabric isn't too bulky. The design is great too; I like the simplicity of the front.

Edited to add: BTW, shipping was really fast. It was ordered on a Friday and made it to VT from CA by Monday.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

ScS wrote:has the emo/indie/etc generation taken over the haberdasher industry?
yes and its call american apparel. their clothes fit weird and theyre not as cool as they think they are. however, i do like to browse the female underwear section on their site late at night.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
tyler
From the Gecko

American Apparel shirts are really comfortable though, you just have to always order a size larger than usual. or two.

and also i appreciate their use of just plain clothes and not brandishing it with all sorts of meaningless graphics and words and ugly logos. or worse, the dreaded joke t-shirt.