Athens, Georgia Promotion!!!

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Rob Turner
Cumulus

Athens, Georgia Promotion!!!

I was in town last week gettin' some posters up and I paid a visit to the local college radio station WUOG.

I was told that Eisenhower is in rotation, so they will be very likely to play stuff off of it if it is requested. They played two tracks for me.

So, if any of you folks could request something from the disc from time to time it would greatly help the band as they are playing Athens' 40 Watt Club next Monday (maybe mention that to the DJ when you call).

You may want to go to their web site (link is below) and check the playlist of the current DJ before you call (or better yet, tune into 90.5 if you are in listening range) and then if it is show-appropriate, call and request.

Playlists and Streaming audio here>>

www.wuog.org

Call in your requests here>>

706-542-4567

By the way, I didn't have enough posters to hit the Broad Street establishments, so if you are in Athens and have posters, HIT BROAD STREET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most of mine are on campus or on Lumpkin, Clayton, Washington or surrounding streets downtown.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

that reminds me. at the Middle East the on Saturday I was recording Apollo Sunshine. When I got their I noticed Eisenhower on the TOP of the CD stack next to the front of house!

I just noticed via their playlist archive that "Paper Birds" was played by request today (during Ready to Rawk! Way to go folks!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna request "Even Rats" right now.
tyler
From the Gecko

Eisenhower's been getting a good deal of play at college radio stations. there was a CMJ issue that I saw something about Eisenhower in towards the end of the school year, and I know that at our station (WWPV 88.7 in Colchester Vermont, listen to us we're great and awesome etc.) Eisenhower was the most played new album for a couple weeks, even beating out The Arcade Fire and Modest Mouse.
putty
From the Gecko

good job on the posters. i've been requesting songs every few days. basically whenever i'm in the car, and remember to do it. i'll probably call back again today.

this came out in the Flagpole today.

http://flagpole.com/Music/ABCPick/2007- ... 8f36a8b038

what's the word on Bobby Bare Jr.?

by the way, this town is great. on Monday, I saw Vic Chesnutt, Cracker and the Drive By Truckers. tonight, Dr. Dog and Apollo Sunshine are playing. Friday, local post rock band Maserati are playing. then on Monday, we've got the Slip. and this is all at the 40 watt.

then next weekend is AthFest, which is the best weekend of the year here.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

sorry to side track, but since theres a couple of you that live in athens. how do you like the city? whats it like? how's the job market? etc.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
putty
From the Gecko

i love it here. there are at least 6 different soul food restaurants that i can think of. probably at least four more i don't even know about.

you have a PM.
tyler
From the Gecko

i don't know anything about Bobby Bare Jr. except that he has a weird name and that he's in the Silver Jews, which is very ok with me.