Should I go see Oshe next thursday (2-10-05)

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

SSIA

yes
45%
no
No votes
what else are you gonna do that night, wash your hair?
55%

Total votes: 11

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I liked "Cold Duck Trio and Platapus Complex" better Joe. A bit too much to say though I guess. Are you the Bassist? I see you at alot of Slip shows if you are. I caught you guys once in Amherst a couple/few years ago.

Seriously didn't mean to offend. I would have guessed they opened for you even before you said who your with. They are only right now starting to gain some steam.
Last edited by Cleantone on Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tara
Alsoa

Oooo I like Cold Duck Complex!

Hi Joe! I met you at the slip show on the cape this summer. And I posted on your message board which has in turn made me a message board junkie...but anyway...

I'll let Joe tell you about his band but they are really good. And I am not into hip-hop
Tara

"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." F. Nietzsche
joe
Tenfold

cold duck complex is the feeling you get when you think you've discovered the meaning of life but it turns out you're just delirious from the ear infection.

clinton, you didn't offend. like i said, it's too easy to misinterpret on here...'your heinous' was not as harsh as it sounded (there was a little jab in there, no doubt, but all in good fun). although i find myself on different forums a lot, i really dislike them more and more...as much misunderstanding happens as good conversation. and yeah, i'm the bass player. i just noticed under your name you're in western mass...you should check us out again. much has changed i'm sure. i'm still a marc friedman ripoff.

i can't really tell you what we sound like, as cliche as that sounds. people get different things from our music. we are keyboards, bass and drums, plus a rapper. we play all instrumental songs, we play songs that have words. some of the songs have more of a hip hop feel, others are really focused on the instrumentals, with the voice more like another instrument. i don't like to tell people we're a hip-hop group because honestly, most of our fans are not hip-hop fans so we can't be that. i don't like to say jazz because a lot of our fans don't like jazz so we can't be that. i don't like to say rock, because we're just not. we have a rapper for christ's sake.

listen to a couple tracks off our album at
www.sonicbids.com/ColdDuckComplex . A lot of people really like 'wake up' because it's political. A lot people hate it because it's political. There are some other songs that are not political. You can also download two whole shows at coldduckcomplex.com (click on music, and then downloads)

hope you enjoy.

PS hi Tara, haven't seen you on cold duck's forum in a while
Phrazz

Duck, duck, goose

It's so cozy in here! :) For those who don't know, Cleantone is sort of a living legend, so maybe he comes off a bit cocky sometimes (like me, Tim and Diesel, Pat I don't know about). But he spins some tasty recordings! I'd like to think we have similar tastes in music. I'm also a major fan of the Hos of the Schleigh. Hope we all meet someday in "realtime". Virtual communication is often misconstrued...but looking at the ramblings and digesting the essence is still worth the effort (as gastronomical as it may seem on a heavy munching day).

Welcome to the loony bin! :lol:

-Phrazz