Super Little Live Dec 11 @ Metropolis in Montreal

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

Super Little Live Dec 11 @ Metropolis in Montreal

jambands.com just posted word that Super Little will be playing on Dec 11, anyone going to be there ? is Metropolis a good venue?
bradm
Beantown Rocker

Miles Perkin is SL's bass player, and he lists the gig, saying it's "opening for karkwa". Karkwa also lists the gig, but doesn't mention Super Little. Super Little doesn't list the gig, or list it yet, but it looks like SL hasn't logged in to MySpace since mid-November.

If this is happening, I may show up for it. The ticket info (which doesn't list an opening act) says it's an all-ages show, with the doors at 6:30pm and the show at 8:00pm.

Metropolis is an OK venue, and it's where the larger-name acts (like Ween and Bela Fleck & The Flecktones) play.

Aloha,
Brad
Last edited by bradm on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

yeah.. I'd really like to hear it.. oh well..
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

do you buy tickets at the venue? cause i dunno if super little sells through ticketmaster
bradm
Beantown Rocker

lucasdavidsamuels wrote:do you buy tickets at the venue? cause i dunno if super little sells through ticketmaster
You can buy tickets on-line:

http://ww1.ticketpro.ca/event.php?event ... guageid=-1

I'd assume you could also get them at the door, unless it sells out. (As for TicketMaster, event ticketing in Quebec is often/usually handled by Admission which, while being a TicketMaster company, is really a separate entity. TicketMaster.ca often won't have listings for Quebec events, but Admission will. This event's ticketing, though, is being handled by TicketPro.)

Aloha,
Brad
tyler
From the Gecko

Metropolis is a good venue, has pretty good sound and an awesome balcony. it's like the world's classiest rock club. It's absolutely huge though, probably holds about 2000 or so.
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

so i emailed kwarka management to find out if super little is opening (i have to know forsure if im going to travel 7 hours) and they got back to me saying they have Brad Barr signed up, so i'm not really sure at this point who is playing and im still undecided about whether im going to make the trek
bradm
Beantown Rocker

Brad Barr's MySpace page lists the gig, describing it as
Opening for Karkwa; with sUPER LITTLe...Sarah Page- Harp; Miles Perkin- Bass; Jeff Louch- Keys; Robbie Kuster- Drums; Brad- Guitar and Vocals
Brad's also doing what I think is a solo gig on Dec. 9
Opening for Ladies of the Canyon, playing second, after Dan Schacter
Of the two, I think I'd prefer the Dec. 9 show, especially as I've seen Ladies Of The Canyon before, and they're stellar.

Aloha,
Brad
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

arg i decided to go see Everest/Wilco/Neil Young last night at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto instead of heading to montreal to go see Super Little, had i known there would be three shows in total i may have chosen otherwise