Marco Benevento & Friends Live In NYC DVD

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

Marco Benevento & Friends Live In NYC DVD

Shine A Light Productions has just posted the trailer for the up-coming Marco Benevento DVD over at www.marcobenevento.com and www.shinealightproductions.com

Here's the details:
COMING NOV 10th... FEATURE-LENGTH DVD from Marco Benevento & Friends

Pre-order direct from The Royal Potato Family before street date and receive a link to download five additional unreleased videos for your ipod, phone, or desktop, featuring performances from The Sullivan Hall residency.

FEATURING ...
Andrew Barr
Billy Martin
Bobby Previte
Brad Barr
DJ Olive
G. Calvin Weston
Reed Mathis
Joe Russo
John Ellis
Kaki King
Marc Friedman
Skerik
Stanton Moore
Steven Bernstein

Directed by Karina Mackenzie
Executive Producer Kevin Calabro

At the outset of 2008, Marco Benevento set up shop at New York City’s brand new Greenwich Village music space, Sullivan Hall, for a month-long residency. Calling it home for five Thursday nights in January, Benevento invited a who’s who in modern jazz and improvisational rock music to perform with him each week in various configurations. Benevento hauled his own baby grand piano from his Brooklyn apartment to the Sullivan Hall stage to host both musical friends and heroes. Each night he’d lead his musical co-conspirators through two sets of daring and consistently breathtaking improvisations. Whether it was the Bitches Brew-esque sonic explorations of the Benevento-Steven Bernstein-Bobby Previte-DJ Olive collaboration, or the glorious post rock ferocity of Benevento-Brad Barr-Joe Russo, or Benevento’s own trio with Reed Mathis and Andrew Barr celebrating the release of their debut album Invisible Baby, each performance took on a life completely its own. As the sold out crowds from week to week will attest, these shows were the stuff of legend in the recent history of downtown New York City’s music scene. Thankfully, all five nights were shot on high definition video along with multi-track recordings that are now set for a DVD release entitled Marco Benevento (& Friends): Live In NYC: The Sullivan Hall Residency. While it’s Marco Benevento’s name at the top of the billing, what the film portrays is a dynamic family of fearless, faithful, one-of-a-kind artists who are making some of the most vital music of their time.

Brought to you by Shine A Light Productions & Royal Potato Family.

Grab the dvd over at www.marcobenevento.com
Twitter: @lucsamuels
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I'm gonna order this one for sure...
shinealight
Neube

Last Day to Pre-order the DVD to get EXCLUSIVE BONUS FOOTAGE

Hey all,

Just a reminder that Marco's DVD hits the streets tomorrow (nov 10th), and any orders that come directly from his website will receive FIVE exclusive bonus video downloads not available anywhere else...

http://marcobenevento.com/dvd_preorder.html

The DVD has over 2 hours of concert footage, interviews with Billy Martin, Kaki King, Stanton Moore, Brad Barr, and the audio was re-mastered by Marco Benvento himself.

You can also help us out by posting the <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wzi37knz4s">trailer</a> to your facebook page or blog, adding the <a href="http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Marco_Bene ... 27210">DVD to your netflix queue </a>and/or <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Q4TKLI">writing a review for us on Amazon</a>. Anyone who helps us out in those ways can email us at info@shinealightproductions.com and we'll hook you up with some bonus footage for free download.

Thanks for helping us spread the good word....
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Just started watching... Pretty sweet! The Marco/Joe/Brad piece is amazing! Brad just goes CRAZY on the guitar...
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I swear I preordered. I checked my paypal and it wasn't on there. I must have not hit some final confirmation or something. I'll have to pick this up soon though.
Big Bob
From the Gecko

I preordered it and it was mailed to my apt which i've since moved out of. i have to go pick that up. i'm excited to watch it.
lumpy
From the Gecko

Cleantone wrote:I swear I preordered. I checked my paypal and it wasn't on there. I must have not hit some final confirmation or something. I'll have to pick this up soon though.
You've got credits on it Cleantone, and loving that you still pre-ordered!
The sound is great - don't know which of it is yours, but it looks and sounds great. Particularly on the projector we hooked up last night for a viewing :D
bouche
Alsoa

my copy came monday. I haven't had a chance to put it in yet (that's what she said)