Rubble Bucket (new to me - and wow)

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

adamicculus
Even Rats

Rubble Bucket (new to me - and wow)

Ok,

So RubbleBucket is the shit! I heard their new album about month ago out at a friend of friend's in San Francisco and kinda fell in love.

Two weeks later I had the pleasure of walking into their show last minute in Boston, MA (Brighton Music Hall - Formerly Harper's Ferry).

Jambands.com described their music as "intricate Afro-Cuban polyrhythms, vigorous horn arrangements, incessant and diverse percussion, rock and roll breakdowns and minimalist guitar and bass riffs" < Hell Yeah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfnQBh2I ... re=related (acoustic performance)

Ok, so the Band LIVE is much more intense and they "jam" these songs (a bit).

Anyways, the show was really amazing and I now have a crush on the lead singer (she reminds me of Bjork)

Anyone else seen Rubblebucket? Love/Hate/Indifferent?

Cool,

A. Icculus
bradm
Beantown Rocker

Re: Rubble Bucket (new to me - and wow)

There are live Rubblebucket recordings are available at

http://www.archive.org/details/Rubblebucket

Aloha,
Brad
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Yeah these guys are blowing up more and more. My homie Darby Wolf plays keys for them. Great band.
Katie
Invocation

Rubblebucket is great. It's amazing to see how far they've grown since branching out of the Burlington music scene.

Thanks to the founding member's VT connection (Alex and Kalmia went to UVM) we ended up scooping them up to play a set at my wedding back in '08 before they were touring nationally (and before they'd shortened it from Rubblebucket Afrobeat Orchestra). It was a seriously good catch, as they play the kind of music you can't help but dance to, so even family members who had never heard that kind of music before were into it. I know of very few private events they'd played like that since, and we'd probably never be able to afford them know, so I feel really lucky we got that chance. I'll have to dig up the digital photos sometime... it's pretty funny seeing me in big wedding dress dancing to Rubblebucket playing in the background. :lol:
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

Downloaded it last night after hearing Silly Fathers. Really cool sounding album and band, can't wait to give it a few more listens.
Twitter: @lucsamuels