All's Quiet

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Re: All's Quiet

Kevin_Kjr wrote:yeah but its been about 8 years since a new Slip album when we heard one was in the works. They def had enough material that never made it to an album.

The Barr Bros we've heard for over a year and a half that they would release a new album.

Obviously I'm not close with the band or know what they are doing but they must be working some other jobs cause I dont understand how they would be able to go so long without touring.
Well as far as The Slip goes, they were never really good about releasing albums, some of their best songs don't have (released) studio versions. They probably could have released 2-3 more albums in the classic era and they've (purportedly) done most of the work on a successor to Eisenhower. SMMD has a great album in the can too, pretty much ready for release, but who knows when we'll ever see that.

It does seem that the only way you can make money in music these days as an act that is filling anything smaller than arenas is by touring constantly, selling as much merch as you can, and keeping the public interested by always having new music/publicity. The brothers Barr seem to eschew this model entirely, at least from 2007 on.
Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

I agree, I just thought both groups had great things going but then both seem to have been extremely quiet as of recent.
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

It's quiet for the moment, but the new BB album will be out soon. Just sit tight ;)
Twitter: @lucsamuels
lucasdavidsamuels
Through the Iron Gate

The website has been updated quite a bit (though with somewhat old info). Good to see they're getting it up to date though!

Hopefully more news soon

http://thebarrbrothers.com/
Twitter: @lucsamuels
tom
Ambrosia Drunk

Saw a date up for the barr brothers nyc june 14:) thankyou!!!! There is hope...
tom
Ambrosia Drunk

Sorry 6/15 in nyc
Caleb
Get Me with Fuji

My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable