Mr.Meowskers

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

Mr.Meowskers

The first time I saw SMMD, Mr. Meowskers opened up for them and did an encore at Iron Horse up in North Hampton. A few other times I saw the slip throughout the years he would be occasionally there. What was the story with him? Was he a friend of Nathan More or the Slip? Is he still currently touring?
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

Re: Mr.Meowskers

Good question. I always wondered just how he inspired the song named after him, too.
Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

He reminded me of Booger from Revenge of the nerds, no offense if he is a poster on here.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

Mr. Meowskers is Matt Rudnicki, a longtime friend of The Slip, I'm not sure how far back they go. You can hear him introduce the band on recordings a number of occasions and famously narrates 12/31/04. I remember seeing Meowskers the band open up some Slip shows on the holiday run 2006.

I don't think Meowskers the band is currently active but he has a wedding band called the Prenups that Marc was in at one point I believe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IauPIf3EoS8
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

He also somewhat hilariously sang in their cover of Everybody Wants to Rule the World at the Pearl Street Ball Room's Halloween show in '04.