The Slip- Firewater?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

The Slip- Firewater?

So on Spotify, a Song called "Firewater" by the Slip showed up being on an album "Help us Get High." Is this actually a Slip song? I'm guessing a very early one? Its a pretty cool tune so check it out if u havent heard it
Joe Higley
Lion on a Rock

Re: The Slip- Firewater?

I stumbled upon this song once too, though I forget where. I remember it was on a compilation of some kind. As far as I know it is a Slip song, though I haven't heard mention of it in any other context besides this mysterious compilation...Okay, just dug around online and found it again:

Help Us Get High -Various Artists - Shanachie Records, June 22, 1999

Recording Date: October, 1996 - November 6, 1998
AllMusic Review by Heather Phares
The grass-roots movement of '90s jam bands is chronicled in Help Us Get High, which features previously unreleased live recordings of bands like Moe, the Ominous Seapods, Fat Mama, and the Disco Biscuits. Tracks like "Big Bird & Pot Empty" by the Hosemobile and "Firewater" by the Slip round out the collection, and Richard Gehr's liner notes make this release complete.
Schleigho is also on this compilation.
Hear Here
Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

Joe Higley wrote:I stumbled upon this song once too, though I forget where. I remember it was on a compilation of some kind. As far as I know it is a Slip song, though I haven't heard mention of it in any other context besides this mysterious compilation...Okay, just dug around online and found it again:

Help Us Get High -Various Artists - Shanachie Records, June 22, 1999

Recording Date: October, 1996 - November 6, 1998
AllMusic Review by Heather Phares
The grass-roots movement of '90s jam bands is chronicled in Help Us Get High, which features previously unreleased live recordings of bands like Moe, the Ominous Seapods, Fat Mama, and the Disco Biscuits. Tracks like "Big Bird & Pot Empty" by the Hosemobile and "Firewater" by the Slip round out the collection, and Richard Gehr's liner notes make this release complete.
Schleigho is also on this compilation.

Was "The Slip" always Brad Andrew Marc or were there members before them? According to Wikipedia it looks like there were members before BAM, wondering if this song was something they had done.
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

BAM is the one is everyone is familiar with and why the band rose to infamy... They are the ones that put together and released From the gecko... Before them, it was basically just a high school band at Tabor..
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver