Halloween night.. it's on!

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

Halloween night.. it's on!

Monday, Oct. 31
Baltimore at Pittsburgh, 9:00 p.m.

get ready bitches!! only like 3.5 months till football season!!! Boooooyaaaaa! (I hate baseball!!)
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
k-real
Cumulus

my buddy went to the Pittsburgh-New England Halloween game last year. The stories from that weekend are classic. The kid didn't sleep for 3 days. Lets just say the after hours-speakeasy is alive in the Burg. His flight home was a nightmare...

PS F%&$ the Steelers!
tim
The Weight of Solomon

you see pat... the difference between you and me is that i can actually remember the last time my team went to the superbowl, i can remember sitting on a couch with my good friends drinking beer and watching the slaughter, i can remember the all night party and madness that ensued downtown afterwards and i can remember the glorius hangover i had while i skipped my first day of classes the next morning.

can you remember the last time the steelers won a superbowl pat???

wait, silly me, i'm sure you can remember that far back being that it was the last era in your life a woman willingly let you put your mouth on her nipple.

so have fun this halloween pat, i'm sure i'll be watching the steelers get their ass kicked at some bar while the slip play their sweet songs in the background. please, pat, whatever you do don't forget to kiss this,

k-real
Cumulus

pps F$&% the Ravens too
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

ho hum... blah blah blah.. your "brand new" team had one moment in the sun how many years ago?? and they've done what since... hey news flash captian oblivious... even a blind squirrel finds a nut everyonce in awhile...

Oh and K-real.. dude.. you're a fucking browns fan... enough said.. you guys should just combine with cincinatti and be declared the capital of suck! :lol:
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
k-real
Cumulus

after last season the Browns alone hold the key to suckville. But the Kids are on the rise w/ Romeo at the helm. It won't be long until the Browns bring glory back to the AFC Central.

by the way...fact: all the necks in Pittsburgh have a lot more in common with Cincinnati than any Cleveland fan ever would.

counting the days until training camp...
Tara
Alsoa

Pfft my team will kick all your teams asses :wink:
Tara

"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." F. Nietzsche
etahn
From the Gecko

k-real wrote:But the Kids are on the rise w/ Romeo at the helm.
Your sole hope for glory is the fact that you promoted the Pats' OC to head coach?

Let's see..... a little Cleveland sports history... In the early 70's, there was an offer from George Steinbrenner to buy the Indians. Apparently he was shut down for his criminal record (so the story went when I heard it). Steinbrenner goes on to buy the Yanks, and well, do I need to say it? Maybe they should have given him a chance....

Jump ahead a bit to 1990. Bill Belichick is the new head coach of the Browns. They suck, Belichick gets canned. Ten years later he's beginning what will come to be known as "the first NFL dynasty of the twenty-first century". Maybe they should've given him a chance?

Now all hopes are on Romeo ,a man who worked under a man that the Browns fired (does that seem odd to anyone else?). I predict that in the next decade (under Romeo or someone else) Cleveland will make it to the playoffs and take the lead in the conference final, only to be shut down by a last-minute, 99-yard touchdown drive led by Peyton Manning.

Oh, the humanity!

But hey, it'll give Clevelanders something to bitch about for the next twenty years.
The world really is magic
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

lol, that was just wrong ethan. look at all of this football trash talk in the baby days of the baseball season.

im looking forward to going to camden yards on a nice sunny day and seeing sammy, tejada and crew bounce HR's off of the warehouse, only to see our bullpin collapse the lead. then to fells to bartend and get shibby.

ethans just mad the rams left
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
etahn
From the Gecko

I'm a little sad that LA doesn't have a team anymore. But if you want mad, let's talk about the LA Angels. They're winning some games, sure, but they're still playing in ANAHEIM(!!!!), which is NOT Los Angeles. Sure the Rams got away with it for years, but enough is enough. It's time for Orange County to represent, especially seeing as if you treated it as one big city (it's not like you ever leave the sprawl when you go from town to town), it'd rank third nationally, after New York and LA. They've got a fucking hockey team, for Christ's sake! Of course that's wrong (hockey south of Philly is wrong), but my poiont is not about the legitimacy of ice hockey in an area that would qualify as desert had Mulholland and other not dug gigantic ditches and rerouted rivers for hundreds of miles. My point is that there's a hell of a lot of people there, and if fucking Baltimore can get behind a local team, why can't Orange County? (Yes, tim, that was for you. Bring it.)

And why should I be upset about the Rams? The Chargers are looking pretty good lately, and we'll always have the 'Niners.
The world really is magic
k-real
Cumulus

etahn wrote:

Your sole hope for glory is the fact that you promoted the Pats' OC to head coach?

Let's see..... a little Cleveland sports history... In the early 70's, there was an offer from George Steinbrenner to buy the Indians. Apparently he was shut down for his criminal record (so the story went when I heard it). Steinbrenner goes on to buy the Yanks, and well, do I need to say it? Maybe they should have given him a chance....

Jump ahead a bit to 1990. Bill Belichick is the new head coach of the Browns. They suck, Belichick gets canned. Ten years later he's beginning what will come to be known as "the first NFL dynasty of the twenty-first century". Maybe they should've given him a chance?

Now all hopes are on Romeo ,a man who worked under a man that the Browns fired (does that seem odd to anyone else?). I predict that in the next decade (under Romeo or someone else) Cleveland will make it to the playoffs and take the lead in the conference final, only to be shut down by a last-minute, 99-yard touchdown drive led by Peyton Manning.

Oh, the humanity!

But hey, it'll give Clevelanders something to bitch about for the next twenty years.
Etahn -

wow. thanks for the David McCullough-esque history lesson. it was really just fascinating.

...if your point about the Boss is that had he bought the Indians we would have multiple World Series banners hanging at the Jake...well...its a nice "what if" but thats about it. there are more than a few variables b/w Cleveland and NYC that have helped him...market size, TV revenue, etc etc. he has no budget. and yes while the Yanks championship teams had Yankee farm products..jeter, williams, posada...he has been able to skirt salary cap for years. it would have been much more challenging for him to accomplish that in cleveland. if the argument is he did it in nyc so he certainly could have done it cleveland...i think that is a tough one.

As for Belichick...I am not sure you were around for that but he did suck. He was horrible. He would sit in post game news conference and not say a single word except for "next question." It was ridiculous. He wanted to get canned so he didn't have to quit his first NFL head coaching job. It was just obvious he did not want to be there. Finally, had he not been fired he would be coaching the Baltimore Ravens since Modell jumped ship after his final 5-11 season in 1995. So I am not sure exactly what "chance" you are talking about. He had 5 years of chance and one winning season.

Demanding excellence and bitching are different. The Indians and Browns are two of the oldest sports franchises around. Cleveland is full of demented sports fans and we expect to win every year. We tend not too but we expect to.

As for your Peyton story, I am already having nightmares. "peyton is forced out of teh pocket....scrambles to his right...has harrison in the corner of the end zone...."

Cut that meat, k-real

PS LeBron - get it done tonite [**with fingers crossed and rally cap in full force**]