crazy work story...

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

tim
The Weight of Solomon

crazy work story...

ya'll probably won't care but i gotta tell someone cause this just blew my mind.

everyday i hear the home depot themee song numerous times on the radio. this song has been driving me nuts for months now. everytime i hear it i think "who would actually enjoy this song?" and "who is the jackass that wrote this song?!?!". in short, there has not been q commercial jingle that i have hated as much as this home depot song.

anyway, i work in banking and a customer called in about his account. he had some taxes due and needed a loan to pay them off. in conversation he said that he'd be able to pay our loan within two months when he recieved some royalty checks. i asked what the royalty checks were for and he said for music he's written. turns out he is the guy who wrote the home depot theme. i didn't have the heart to tell him about the insanity his tune has put me through on a daily basis. just blows my mind that out of all the people he could have spoken to, he came through on my line.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

"It's a small world after all"
Katie
Invocation

"It's a small world after all"
Speaking of annoying songs... thanks, now I've got that one stuck in my head. :evil:
Big Bob
From the Gecko

take a chance
make it happen
pop the cork
fingers snapping
spin the wheel
'round and 'round we gooooooo

life is good
life is sweet
grab yourself a front row seat
let's meet
and have a baaaaaaaaaall

yeah, let's live (let's live!)
for the wondeeeeeeeeeer
of it aaaaaaall

FOX!
WOODS!
sm
Beantown Rocker

damn, that is crazy!

did you deny him the loan out of spite? its possible that i might have. here's hoping you have a bigger heart than me.. :wink:

Heya Scott and SP characters

Hey Scott! Where have you been? I just had to show ya'll my new SP character I made. What great fun you can have with that site. Thanks Tara!
sm
Beantown Rocker

hey robyn! i've been around... here/there/everywhere.. pokin' my head out once in a while... i've been meaning to email you - hmm, maybe i'll do that tonite when i get in from work and fill ya in on some stuff.. check it later on tonite.

ps: lovin' all the southpark characters/avatars.. someone at my work found a website to make them about year ago and we've had "staff-southpark-classphoto" type shirts made for departing co-workers... i've been using mine on another board for a while, maybe i'll drag it on over and switch up a little later on..
T-man
Cumulus

1-800-54-GIANT......
Who do you call when your windshields busted?
tim
The Weight of Solomon

T-man wrote:1-800-54-GIANT......
Who do you call when your windshields busted?
whoa...

i've always wanted to open up a windshield repair shop in an affluent part of the city and pay bums and other deviants $20 to go around around and bust out windows...sit back and watch the business flow in. :twisted:

i'm loving the south park avatars btw. i'll have to make one when i get home this afternoon.