If you know anyone in Pittsburgh, give them a heads up...

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

If you know anyone in Pittsburgh, give them a heads up...

cause here comes an asshole!!

Me!! Found out today that I got the job... and as soon as I take the physical.. It'll be a official, then I'll get a month to move out there and start in sometime in july...

so it's official bitches... I'll be breaking out the champange later (have an expensive bottle of french champagne that I got in october from a work associate when I did a special project for a company in Spain...) it's already chilled, I was gonna save it for our 1 yr anniversary, but this seems like as good as an occasion as any....

yeah!!!!
:D
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

Re: If you know anyone in Pittsburgh, give them a heads up..

Pstehley wrote:cause here comes an asshole!!
just what those 'blitzburgh' clowns need, more assholes.

kidding pat. hell yeah, congrats. now go get some ravens vs. steelers tickets and box of tissues. the tix are for me and tissues are for you to wipe your tears when the ravens kill another one of your QB's.

:P
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

Nice job Pat!

This much be a huge move for you! hopefully you can hit up some nice gigs

talk to you later
dan
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

Re: If you know anyone in Pittsburgh, give them a heads up..

diesel wrote:cause here comes an asshole!!

just what those 'blitzburgh' clowns need, more assholes.

kidding pat. hell yeah, congrats. now go get some ravens vs. steelers tickets and box of tissues. the tix are for me and tissues are for you to wipe your tears when the ravens kill another one of your QB's.

:P
great the rabble rousing is happening already... heinz field... here I come... you ravens fans talk tough cause of something a few years ago... but yet have not yet reproduced the same season since... get ready for a beat down at ketchup field bitch....
Myron Cope wrote:The Ravens blow don't ya know!
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
etahn
From the Gecko

oh, man you did NOT post a picture of Myron "I sound like a redneck tanked on helium and Iron Shitty" Cope. Let's talk about reasons I could never get into the Steelers.....

Seriously, though, you'll have a great like in PGH. Where else can you get french fries in your sandwich? Or in your salad? Or in your milkshake. (OK, I made up the milkshake). We still know the only sign of life in Pittsburgh is the one on I-76 that says "Cleveland 130 miles".

Oh, and, congratulations and stuff. New jobs are cool.
The world really is magic
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

etahn wrote:Seriously, though, you'll have a great like in PGH. Where else can you get french fries in your sandwich? Or in your salad? Or in your milkshake. (OK, I made up the milkshake).
I don't know about fries in a sandwich... I thought that was coleslaw... but I'm looking forward to getting fries on my salads again... since I've moved out here, I've had to special order stuff that way and deal with the weird looks when I put them on top of my salad... but that's the only way I've ever eaten a steak or chicken salad... it's damn good! (When we make steak salads at home I always put fries on them...)

and myron cope rocks!! and thanks!

edit to say: I've never heard about fries in a milkshake... but I do know it's really good to dip your fries in a wendy frosty... mmmmm
(and even though it may look like it.. i'm not pregnant...)
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
k-real
Cumulus

Congratulations on the job. I'll be traveling to shitsburgh for the browns-steelers game this year. We'll have to meet up for some Pamani Brothers meal before watching Trent Dilfer (?) and Weed Head Willie Green light up the Steelers. Good luck.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

k-real wrote:Trent Dilfer (?) and Weed Head Willie Green light up the Steelers. Good luck.
hahaha.. dilfer, i remember that guy. hes the one who threw the winning touchdown pass against the giants to win the super bowl then got canned right after. talk about an emotional roller coaster.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
etahn
From the Gecko

I believe that's Primanti Brothers, and they put fries AND coleslaw on their sandwiches. Incidentally, we've got a spot up here in Cleves that does the same thing (Panini's). Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.....

As long as we're talking smack on The 'Burgh, I gotta ask what kind of people need to. I mean it's one thing to say you're better than something that's clearly good. But when you comapre yourself with Pittsburgh... shouldn't that just be a given?
<insert hypocrisy disclaimer here>
The world really is magic
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

etahn wrote:IAs long as we're talking smack on The 'Burgh, I gotta ask what kind of people need to. I mean it's one thing to say you're better than something that's clearly good. But when you comapre yourself with Pittsburgh... shouldn't that just be a given?
wow.. this was well thought out and well said... hmmmm.... I'll just wait for football season again, and then I'll talk... :wink:

hey... just a question... what would you guys think about starting a fantasy football league for sliplive.. you can set them up for free on yahoo?? Would there be any interest? Just curious... I'm entering one here at work for money... but this would just be for fun... or maybe disks... eh? What does everyone think???

Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

etahn wrote: As long as we're talking smack on The 'Burgh, I gotta ask what kind of people need to. I mean it's one thing to say you're better than something that's clearly good. But when you comapre yourself with Pittsburgh... shouldn't that just be a given?
not sure how to read the tone in this, but i really have nothing against pitz, as a town. its actually a lot like b-more, blue collar, industrial town with die hard sports fans. you cant ask for more than that. what i like to rag on are the sports fans that come to my town and acting like douchebags. this usually happens with steelers, yankees, and the worst, red sox fans. yet, all those citys are cool with me.

pat, sometimes you get the funniest pictures. speaking of, you havent been modded in a while, have you? :)
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

diesel wrote:pat, sometimes you get the funniest pictures. speaking of, you havent been modded in a while, have you? :)
nope.. been sneaking under the radar... he he....

I've never actually been to the city of baltimore... I'm sure it's nice enough... hell... anything is better than philly... but being a steelers fan (probably a real obnoxious one, although, I know when enough is enough and how not to be a douche) I can't help but have a natural rivalry against the ravens, bengals, and the shits... err... I mean the browns... :lol:
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
T-man
Cumulus

I am in for the SLFFL (The SlipLive Fantasy Football League), but we must play for something, fun just really isn't fun. (although I love to gamble)
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon

well... I was thinking each person has to put together one show and how ever wins the season, gets all the disks... that's how I've seen it done over at phishhook and stuff... just an idea... I'll suggest the idea as we get closer too...
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!