The Jacket (sort of Slip content)

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

etahn
From the Gecko

The Jacket (sort of Slip content)

So a friend of mine invited me to watch thismovie last night called The Jacket. Overall I'm not sure what to make of it - It's either pretty cool or really lame. I fell asleep towards the end, so I can't really judge. Keira Knightley's in it, so I won't suffer too much on the next go round.

The point is, though, that I had never heard of this movie, or this Adrien Brody guy. My friend hands me the case, and the guy in the picture looks like none other than our favorite man on the soul machine : Marc Friedman. From time to time during the movie, dude looks anywhere from spit-and-image to not-even-close. Kind of creepy.

But wait, there's more.

We watched the credits, to find out who the hottie was (Knightley), and to know once and for all "Was that Jennifer Jason Leigh?" (It was.) Before we can get to the cast, though, we have to learn all about the director, the assistant director, the guy who wipes the assistant director's dog's ass,, the producers, the executive producers, etc. And then it happened. Right there in the middle of the producer segment: Co-producer - Marc Frydman.

Now I know it's spelled wrong, but it's still pretty cool. Maybe while I'm watching again I'll find the 216 reference.

Or maybe you will?
Last edited by etahn on Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The world really is magic
tote
Get Me with Fuji

tote

Wow that IS weird. I gotta take a stab at this one

This great saint, swami sivananda, is a real hero of mine. Lara might disagree with me, but I think he bears a subtle resemblence to Mr. Marc Friedman. Does this mean Friedman may be a self realized saint? Probably Definitely.

Image :D :wink:

Oh and etahn, there are 108 beads on a mala which swami sivananda always wore around his neck, representing the 108 names of God, being Siva Vishnu Brahma Ganesha Lakshmi Saraswati Kali Durga Shakti Krishna Jesus Buddha, Rama, etc. The kicker, if you're ready, is that's exactly HALF of 216. The most sacred number in India. :shock: :shock: :shock:
ScS
From the Gecko

adrien brody is the dude who kissed halle berry when he gave her her oscar 2 years ago. he was also in the piano, which he won an oscar for.
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb