tidbits from jambase

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

lumpy
From the Gecko

tidbits from jambase

November sounds great to me :)

Taken from: http://www.jambase.com/headsup.asp?storyID=7148

The Slip is pleased to announce that they have completed their fourth studio album, and will release it in early 2006. In the meantime, they will busy themselves with live performances on the East Coast, including Halloween weekend shows with Tarantula AD. The Slip will be headlining The Adirondack Music Festival with Burning Spear and Arrested Development, and are happy to be part of the Pop Montreal festival, which also features Beck, Interpol, Boom Bip, and Metric.

THE SLIP TOUR DATES
09.18 | Fall River, MA Festival of the Arts 5pm all ages free show
09.24 | Lyonsdale, NY Adirondack Music Festival 10pm all ages $55 / $90
09.30 | Montreal, QC Pop Montreal Festival 10pm ages 18+ $10
10.07 | Southbridge, MA Mill Street 9pm ages 18+ $12
10.08 | Brooklyn, NY Southpaw 9pm ages 18+ $15
10.19 | New York, NY Mercury Lounge 9pm ages 21+ $13 / $15
10.20 | Newmarket, NH The Stone Church 8pm ages 18+ $14 / $16
10.21 | Burlington, VT Higher Ground Ballroom 8pm ages 18+ $12 / $14
10.22 | TBA
10.27 | Ithaca, NY Castaways * 9pm ages 18+ $10 / $12
10.28 | Northampton, MA Pearl Street Ballroom * 8pm all ages $14 / $17
10.29 | Portland, ME The Big Easy * 8pm ages 21+ $12 / $15
11.02 | New York, NY Mercury Lounge 9pm ages 21+ $13 / $15
11.11 | Boston, MA Somerville Theatre 8pm all ages $17
* Tarantula opens

In addition to the dates above, The Slip will also perform in Philadelphia and Baltimore, early in November. They will return to the West Coast in late November for a string of Surprise Me Mr. Davis shows, featuring all the members of The Slip along with Nathan Moore of ThaMuseMeant. The west coast dates will be announced shortly.

The Slip's continuing ability to create an atmospheric journey through song and show has garnered them a large, growing audience and has taken them around the world. Each member is a contributing multi-instrumentalist and songwriter, bringing unique colors to The Slip's canvas. Their music is characterized by combining catchy, intriguing songwriting with the ability to improvise freely. Fans of Broken Social Scene, Tortoise, Wilco and The Fringe will all have plenty to sink their teeth into.

For more information, photos and MP3's please visit www.theslip.com.

http://www.theslip.com

[Published on 8/29/2005]
tim
The Weight of Solomon

Re: tidbits from jambase

lumpy wrote:In addition to the dates above, The Slip will also perform in Philadelphia and Baltimore, early in November.
damn straight!!!
bouche
Alsoa

they'd better nail that 22nd date down for Ottawa very soon. I'm getting goosebumps.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

tim wrote:
lumpy wrote:In addition to the dates above, The Slip will also perform in Philadelphia and Baltimore, early in November.
damn straight!!!
crackwhores and gangstas unite!

the funkbox and north star (assume) will be bouncin!
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
tim
The Weight of Solomon

diesel wrote:
tim wrote:
damn straight!!!
crackwhores and gangstas unite!

the funkbox and north star (assume) will be bouncin!
it's back to being the 8x10 club now and i'd imagine they'll play the TLA in philly.

there will be crackwhores...i'll see to that
Pstehley
The Weight of Solomon
Location: The Earth will Disever you and consume you after these messages!

tim wrote:it's back to being the 8x10 club now and i'd imagine they'll play the TLA in philly.

there will be crackwhores...i'll see to that
I'd assume philly too... I wonder when these shows will be... if it's in my power... I'd like to go to the show in philly.. .hopefully it's on a weekend...preferably a saturday.... *fingers crossed*

and tim... I'll be the whore... if you bring the crack! :lol: We'll be rocking the parking lot again.. HA!
Pat..

Go See Live music!!!
http://www.myspace.com/fourthriver
Phrazz

Slip tour

I think BAM is big enough for Ram's Head Live! That's a great room, better beer and fantastic lights 'n' sound. They don't have to pack the place to have a good time.

-Phrazz
tim
The Weight of Solomon

Re: Slip tour

Phrazz wrote:I think BAM is big enough for Ram's Head Live! That's a great room, better beer and fantastic lights 'n' sound. They don't have to pack the place to have a good time.
that would be awesome. we gotta be less talk and more action if we're gonna make that happen though. maybe we can put our promotion hats on after the new album drops. a two night maryland run would be kick ass... annapolis>baltimore...a night of sit down jazz at the rams head tavern and a night of balls out rock at rams head live.

"if you build it they will come" :P