Camp Shuey Counselor

pet sounds and college dropout mesh

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
tote
Get Me with Fuji

benefit

I don't mind his music, but I really like him as a person. He has backbone. I like the Ray Charles song, but it's just not really my kind of music. Good for getting drunk and dancing too, not much else. Good to see a voice of reason in mainstream hip hop.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9146525/
tim
The Weight of Solomon

i love kanye, one of the best producers in hip hop IMO. what he did last night was awesome. i need to get his new album. it's sad that rap is so stagnant right now.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

Re: benefit

tote wrote:I don't mind his music, but I really like him as a person. He has backbone. I like the Ray Charles song, but it's just not really my kind of music. Good for getting drunk and dancing too, not much else. Good to see a voice of reason in mainstream hip hop.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9146525/
thanks for the link. "bush doesnt care about black people", thats balls! and good for him, someone needs to say what is really going on. if any one has a link with video of this, please post it.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
tote
Get Me with Fuji

here it is

www.crooksandliars.com/2005/09/02.html

3 stories down. If it works on my computer it should work on most.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
headnugg
Invocation

that was the funniest shit when Kanye said "George Bush doesn't care about black people" He just kinda blurted it out in like a schoolchild random kinda way, just when you thought his tirade was over.....it was almost like a saturday night live skit, though maybe that's because Mike Meyers was standing right next to him......Mike Meyers turned to him and just had no idea what to say, fucking funny as hell.......

Have only checked out track one of the Beach Boys/Kanye, so far not too impressed.....can't wait to hear Late Registration, anyone hear it yet?
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.
tote
Get Me with Fuji

BEnefit

So far he's been my favorite act at the Hurricane benefit. He just has so much conviction! What other rapper would have the guts to dedicate a whole song to the subject of JESUS?!? He reminds me of Ray Charles. Hip gospel/ soul. HE even inserted lyrics in the song about how this was probably gonna make him much less popular. I disagree, but, Wow. He is exciting, for sure, and Good to have around!
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.