Slip on FRI night

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

headnugg
Invocation

Slip on FRI night

So I'm headed to the good old Somerville Theater this FRI night, my first Slip show since I think the Clark show last year.......been too long

anyway, website says doors are at 7PM and the show starts at 7PM too, doesn anyone know if that's a possible error and the show really starts at 8PM? anyone know anything about the opener unbusted?
Give us the Teachings of His Majesty, we don't want no devil philosophy.
Graffiti

Times

Somerville times

The Slip Rock Boston this Friday nite, but get there early because the opener hits at 730 with the slip following at approx 9-11. Curfew is a strict 1130.
Drive safe
Phrazz

Post-Somerville

Yeah, get there early.

Who's BQEZ going on at Murphy's that night?

-Phrazz
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Answers.com found a review:

At 9:30 I was able to take my mind away from that question by turning my attention to the Boston-based band BQEZ. I thought they had some real flavor and bravery to boot. Not everyone attempts to fuse rock, reggae and rapping into one repertoire, and this collective pulled it off like silk undies at a panty raid. They was nice, yo. They shared their craft in smooth bass lines, rhythmically fluid guitar accompaniment, intoxicating drums and excellent keyboard delivery. Everything was tight, fo rill. They seemed to have quite a local following, with the more interested members of the swelling audience unashamedly exercising their right to rock on with some get down. Especially impressive was the synergy of the spoken lyrical presentation by member M-Cue and the silk-jazzy tones of Lady K. Their interplay was off the heezay and the crowd really felt their presence and flow. BQEZ ended their set at 10pm and walked away with x-amount of respect from the ever growing mass of patrons beginning to flood Higher Ground. If I was going to be submerged in women, however, the odds were not favorable. I felt like I was in Bizzaros world, man. For the first time in my recent memory, the ratio was like seven guys to every three honies. Oh nooooh. This cant work. Luckily, Itation Sound came to catch more wreck on the one and two.
This being my first true culture show, I left thoroughly satisfied. I was pleased to also see an intriguing variety of people in Burlington came out to support Sizzla, BQEZ and Itation Sound. Everyone from the Abercrombie & Fitch clad to the more free-spirited naturalist oriented group (dont dare say hippie in our presence), and back to neatly fitted women in urban-style garments was thoroughly represented. Without a doubt, Nowadayzdancehall.com and I will return to Higher Ground sooner than later. Dont sleep on us folks. If there is a hospitable venue with a good show lined up, we are doing our damndest to be there. Peace.

Its only right that I express sincere gratitude to all employees and management staff at Higher Ground. I felt very welcomed and we all at Nowadayzdancehall.com appreciate your cooperation. Major shout- out going to BQEZ and Itation Sound for rippin up the dance (Watch out yall, these folks is nasty with theirs). One Love to Burlington, VT!!!
As reported by: HytmanChamplain Valley Correspondent
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

wtf is up with this early curfew? is that a law or club thing?
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
francis
From the Gecko

whenever i've heard about it, it's was from a law.. noise ordinance and all that bullshit.
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
Katie
Invocation

The ticket-purchase link also says it starts at 7:30. I'd assume early cerfew is cause since it's primarily a movie theatre, it's not zoned as music clubs are. I know smaller places in Somerville have had music later. And yeah, you can hear everything outside... good to keep in mind if you can't afford a ticket.

Any other recomendations for stuff going on after that?
tote
Get Me with Fuji

Yeah it is an early show. I guess we'll have to hit up the bars :roll:
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

fellows: I will officialy be attending this event in full force.

If youre in row J watch out.

If anyone has some floor space for two folk it would be greatly appriciated. Other plans fell through so this has become a last minute decision. Any help would be great, otherwise we will be sleepin in my car. :twisted:
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Show is at 9:00pm. Tony... it's what 2 and half hour drive? The show will be out at 11:30 or something. Maybe you can make the drive. Sleeping in your car will be cold. I'd help you out if I could. Tomorrow is gonna be awesome!
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

its on the verge of 3hrs, Im gonna bring massive amounts of blankets and such. Cold is no problem, Where yall sitting?
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I don't know. The whole assigned seating thing has me a little bummed. It's gonna screw with my recording. I'll either be at the soundboard or somewhere else. I hope it's nice and packed in there!!
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

Id like to propose an official sliplive meetup in ROW J cause thats where ill be rockin or where ever makes more sense.

are we getting two sets or one?
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

yo i think im in row D

extreem left by the isle.
so far i only know Cleantone and Kreal by faces.

If you know me or recognize me just say hi im ____(name)
and by that i will pretty sure not know who you are, and then say your username and ill be like oh yeah nice.

Dan
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

Yea Ill just look for the little kid sitting next to Fish. :lol:

hopefully more of us run into eachother than we expect, maybe it would be a good idea if we all wore these

Image :idea: