anyone know a good rock/jam venue in montreal?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

mango
Cumulus

anyone know a good rock/jam venue in montreal?

hey folklies

i'm looking to get my band that i've been pulling out of a hat behind my back for the last 6 months into a club in montreal. any of our canadian buddies here on this board, or anyone else, recommend a place where a couple of nobody nonames could play?

mango
mango
Cumulus

<lowers head and slinks away in sadness>
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

le swimming is one

yea, i've seen that name around. i'll hit them up. thanks, mr. dan.
daver
Yaki Soba

Le Swimming has been sold and is apparently closing (or may have already closed).

Other smaller venues in Mtl - Petit Campus, La Salle Vert, Club One, La Salla Rosa, Casa Del Popolo, Le Divan Orange...
mango
Cumulus

ooh! a veritable gold mine of suggestions. thanks guy!

you know, i checked out Petit Campus online a couple of months ago, and that's when i first got the idea that i was over my head trying to figure out where to play in montreal via the internet. it looked like the crowd is a big party, but i mean every photo was of this big place full of people who were obviously big fans of the performers, and that's where i was like "hmmm perhaps way out of my league." but i mean, what i'd love to find out about is like a small venue where local acts play, and where people would expect to see a jam rock play...

i think i'll just have to visit, and figure out where to play next time around. that's how i really want to do it, but i'm like generally 2500 miles away from montreal on a regular basis... but i'll take a trip up there when i'm passing through burlington in february.

in other words, thanks for the suggestions - would love to hear if you/anyone knows the kind of little place i'm looking for.

senor rob mango

Yeah, sorry I couldn't be more help. I haven't played in Mtl in a few years (2002?). I can tell you this though - I remember Club One gigs being easy to book, but was very much a "bring your own crowd" type of bar.

La Salle Vert is the venue that some of the CanJam bands have been playing recently. That's all I know about it.

dave
daver
Yaki Soba

^ That was me. Logged out. Again.

cool daver - thanks for the follow-up there. i haven't been able to find la salle vert yet via the internet - though i didn't try searching for "the green room"... thanks again.

mango