Not Disappointing definately Shocking

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

There is probably a reason and I doubt it is to snub the Rhode Island fans. We can't control anything. Insulting the ten core board folk is not going to get The Slip in the Living Room again. As fun as that sounds it would suck anyway. That venue is a dive and why the hell would they want to regress 8 years to play there? I know hwat you mean and all but a point I would want to drive home is that they play were they play and there is no sense being upset about it. Just be thankful that you don't live in Florida or Alaska or something. At least you can count on the fact that they will play in Rhode Island again someday. Untill then be thankful that they are playing within a couple hour drive.
Tara
Alsoa

:lol:

Nothings changed around here huh?

I think Rhode Islander maybe you should cut BAM a little slack? Maybe it just didn't fit into their schedule? I don't think they are giving the finger to to RI or anything. There could be a million reasons why...you know?

I'm not trying to be condescending, i'm just thinking i'm sure they have a reason. And I wouldn't take it personally.
Tara

"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star." F. Nietzsche

Rhode Islander wrote:Who drives around the Hometown? Who Skips the place one grew up in?
STS9 is skipping their hometown.
Moe. doesnt play their hometown very often but they are this tour.
Disco Biscuits are skipping Philly
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

http://sliplive.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?t=1393

If anyone cares, or if it makes more sense, this is the post that was deleted with the personal insults toward me ommited. This followed my last post.
Thank god a voice of reason finaly spoke up. I guess you think my remarks towards all ya'll are an attempt to get BAM to come to RI, that's dumb. Insulting the 10 core board folks helps point out that all you "free spirits" and "open minds" need to be like each other, can't stick to the topic of a thread and completely fall in line and agree with each other so you don't become shunned for having a different opinion. You guys closed yourselves off from anything outside your comfort zone. If I lived in Florida or Alaska I would of never heard of The Slip, not while they were a jazz band that is.
[very hurtful personal comments toward me for three long sentences were here]
If you just started to listen to these guys in the last couple years and thing they're the greatest band in the world, listen to some old tapes and expand yourselves. If you've been listening for years and years and think they're the best band in the world now, you're just an idiot.
admin
Site Admin

Libel or Slander is not tolerated (BTW, it's also illegal)

Read definition 2 very carefully, then read our Charter.
Main Entry: 1li·bel
Pronunciation: 'lI-b&l
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, written declaration, from Middle French, from Latin libellus, diminutive of liber book
1 a : a written statement in which a plaintiff in certain courts sets forth the cause of action or the relief sought b archaic : a handbill especially attacking or defaming someone
2 a : a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression b (1) : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt (2) : defamation of a person by written or representational means (3) : the publication of blasphemous, treasonable, seditious, or obscene writings or pictures (4) : the act, tort, or crime of publishing such a libel
"expose another to public contempt" is one aspect, but the "unjust" is very important. It is one thing to merely make a statement, but reinforcing it an directly attacking the person should not and will not be tolerated

I believe strongly in free speech, but <b>libel</b> is a very serious offense (we might forget this or not know the law). It's OK to criticize ideas or behavior, but when it is a personal attack, I call my cousins.

Got it? Good.

-Phrazz