quasi-official new music thread

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

sm
Beantown Rocker

aight - will do.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

i must have been asleep at the wheel cause i just learned that JfJo dropped a new album on our asses this past week. it's getting good reviews and it contains a mix of originals and covers... 'hapiness is a warm gun' and 'spark that bled' are just two of the covers fred decided to interpret on their latest disc. i heard 'spark' last night and it's pretty kickass.
etahn
From the Gecko

gimme more of that beat.

uh.
The world really is magic
Freddy Krueger

The new Fred album (JFJO) is absolutely sick.

The covers are truly inspiring -- bold yet appropriate -- interpretations of songs we know and love.

And the originals are impressive, cohesive compositions.

This album shows the Fred at the top of their game -- can't wait to see where they go from here.

Enjoy!
tim
The Weight of Solomon

etahn wrote:gimme more of that beat.

uh.

you, sir, obviously know the score. the bEast coast welcomes you...hope you got your ticket to the rock show on the 22nd

Freddy Krueger wrote:The new Fred album (JFJO) is absolutely sick.

The covers are truly inspiring -- bold yet appropriate -- interpretations of songs we know and love.

And the originals are impressive, cohesive compositions.

This album shows the Fred at the top of their game -- can't wait to see where they go from here.

Enjoy!
after reading about the conditions this album was made in...one day of recording time at the legendary sear sound studio with the equally accomplished producer Joel Dorn...i'm convinced it's gonna be an epic....
etahn
From the Gecko

you think they'll sell out the Avalon? I don't want to pay 25% 'convenience charge'. Maybe some nice Bostonian will take pity on me and hook it up? I'd much rather buy some SlipHead a beer than give another $10 to TicketBastard.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

etahn wrote:you think they'll sell out the Avalon? I don't want to pay 25% 'convenience charge'. Maybe some nice Bostonian will take pity on me and hook it up? I'd much rather buy some SlipHead a beer than give another $10 to TicketBastard.
never been to the avalon so i have no clue what the scene is like up there. i hear you on the "convenience charges" though, they're running about $7 a ticket down here. luckily i went to the venue for another show last week and got a ticket there for face. i def wanted one in advance though, don't wanna risk being left out in the cold.
etahn
From the Gecko

etahn wrote:gimme more of that beat.

uh.
Does this girl just sound like the hottest thing this side of the sun, or what?
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

tim makes sweet love to her voice every night...
along with the barely legal centerfold.

true story
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
etahn
From the Gecko

my man.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

payday always takes to the soundgarden where i proceed to drop my hard earned cash on cds and ogle up the indie hardcore hottie that always asks me if she can help me find anything. yes, you can help me, but not here, unless you're freaky like that...but that's another story i guess :roll:

anywho...here's what's on the plate this week

thelonious monk and john coltrane at carnegie hall gets an A+++ but you don't even have to listen to it to know that it's gonna be that good.

i got my dose of indie rock with the release from 'the wolf parade'. they're on sub pop, the record is produced by issac brock and furthermore, they're canadian...i don't think you could buy any more "indie cred" with a million bucks. this album rocks, i've been listening to it all day, like modest mouse with a bowie-ish twist, very good stuff.

i would be remiss not to mention an album i picked up a couple weeks back. if the mars volta was really sufjan stevens and sufjan decided to go to amsterdam, eat space cakes, listen to 'piper at the gates of dawn' and got inspired enough to record an album, then you might end up with something like 'ta det lugnt'. but we all know that the mars volta isn't sufjan stevens so it's good to have a guy going by the name 'dungen' to fulfill our musical fantasies. his album, 'ta det lugnt', was recomended to me about a month ago from a very reliable source and i have to say this cd has surpassed any expectations i had and has reminded me that expectations are to be abandoned when dealing with music. this record is mind shattering to say the least, even more so when taking into context the fact that it is primarily the work of one man. none of the lyrics are in english but that only adds to the charm. track 4 is a masterpiece and worth the $12 alone. if you have an affinity for those little peices of paper that get you face time with God himself then this cd is a must own!
rhythmicstorm
Get Me with Fuji

one word:

FEIST

actually 2:

LESLIE FEIST
You that love lovers, this is your home. Welcome!
etahn
From the Gecko

rhythmicstorm wrote:one word:

FEIST

actually 2:

LESLIE FEIST
'nuff said
tim
The Weight of Solomon

were you able to check her out in cali this week sara? i love her album but her live show takes those songs to the next level.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

the flaming lips put out a 5.1 dvd-a / dolby surround soft bulletin today. cant wait!
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH