Ad design, what do you think?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

tim
The Weight of Solomon

i like the retro color scheme, reminds me of bozo cups.
Katie
Invocation

I like the change with the shape on the bottom. Colors look good too. I'd suggest playing around with a couple grey-scale versions too in case you have to go black and white for a publication.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

Yeah greyscale is in the works. Check out Nate's work at http://www.nateduval.com/
hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

Clinton,

Sorry to be coming in on this so late, I haven't been around for awhile.

Lots of good suggestions there.

I think the "call or email" line is okay. It's a call to action, a very important part of any sales pitch.

One revision I might consider: change "experienced engineer" to "XX years of experience."

One strong suggestion: move that "someday" for the website waaay up the to-do list. It's a crucial marketing tool in today's world. That's where you can have your client list, samples of your work, equipment list, etc. Prospective clients can get a feel for you and your work.

If you don't have someone to do the heavy lifting for you, I can recommend someone to design and build your site. His name is Dan Meade of Helix Graphics. His own website (www.helixgfx.com) is undergoing a redesign, but you can check out the site he did for me at www.moondogeast.org

Anyway, back to thte subject at hand: the ad looks good. I hope it results in lots of gigs.

hoby