What happened to the Slip?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

ScS
From the Gecko

i miss the slip. that's all i have to say.
scs
delray beach, florida
"democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage"-hl mencken

"on the run from johnny law...ain't no trip to cleveland"-dignan

"a flute without holes is not a flute. a donut without a hole is a danish."-ty webb
Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

same i do too, not sure when they are going to come back. They play so infrequently now. I remember a few years ago when they'd be all over the northeast
Rob Turner
Cumulus

I'm still holding out hope for a fall tour.
Roar!
Tenfold

I haven't seen them yet. Most of it's due to the fact that I wasn't 18 at the times they were coming through New York, and if they've played in New York over the past year, then I just didn't hear about it. I'm really keeping my ears open now, especially as the new record will soon be dropping, for any New York dates.

I didn't hear of them through Guitar Hero. I heard of them through my brother. Where he heard of them? I have no idea, but I know it wasn't Guitar Hero. The first bit of music I heard from them was Eisenhower, and I guess that was about '07, maybe '08. I love Eisenhower, I think it's just a fantastic record.

I've listened to the other albums, and I dig them too, but honestly, I think Eisenhower is my favorite. To some of you folks, that's like a slap in the face or a :shock: sort of thing, but it was the first record I heard from them, so I have a special place for it. I really like listening to a bunch of the live versions, hearing how they improv around it, etc. The studio recordings were just one representation of the songs, perhaps one that's more easily digestible to pop fans or something like that, but honestly, I think there's far worse band transformations than what The Slip has gone through.

Keep the faith my friends.

/noob's 2 cents
Roar! Roar! Roar!
Katie
Invocation

Roar! wrote: Eisenhower is my favorite. To some of you folks, that's like a slap in the face or a :shock: sort of thing, but it was the first record I heard from them, so I have a special place for it.
Actually, it's really refreshing to know that they still get people so excited and into their new albums that they check out everything else. Personally, I care more about that than whether or not we have the same favorite album. It really seems like not long ago when I was among the youngest of Slip fans at shows and people were grumbling that the songs on their latest tour were different than what they'd done before that. It's hard to believe it's been almost 10 years since then.

I got nostalgic for a good Slip show a few weeks ago and looked into plane tickets to High Sierra, but sadly, it couldn't happen this year. :( But as long as there are fans and they're still making music, chances are we'll all get to another show someday. :)
Roar!
Tenfold

I'd really love to see them live. They seem to come to NY around New Year's, so I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.
Roar! Roar! Roar!
Kevin_Kjr
Beantown Rocker

so does anyone know anything about a new possible album comming out from the Slip? Seems to me they have taken a lot of time off to do other things whether solo or with SMMD. I would def check out there other performances but just seems very odd they fell of the face of the earth as "the Slip" back in 08 with no real significant tour dates or anything. guess we'll have to wait and see but for sure this site and their slip site have been dead
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

They have done some recording (as the Slip) recently and have been talking about a new album. Not sure when that is actually going to happen but I know they have laid some tracks down in New York in the last year.