Tarantula AD?

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

k-real
Cumulus

Tarantula AD?

Has anyone seen or heard this band? I have found this short write up and am interested to hear them open up for BAM...

Tarantula AD is a trio of cello, bass/guitar, and drums that plays the music of manic daydreams and nightmarish impulses. Their knack for melancholic melody, which is rooted in western classical music, is laced with the feverous intensity of the New York City rock scene. They express a timeless beauty that is both aurally and visually stunning. It is movie music without the film. Their recently released 12", entitled Atlantic, is out on Kemado Records and this show is in celebration of the release of their new record Book of Sand, which features Devendra Banhart, Sierra from CocoRosie and members of Inouk. “Tarantula . . . melts classical practices with the energy of punk rock into a sound so dramatic it’ll draw pictures inside your shuttered eyelids.”
tim
The Weight of Solomon

all i know is that they opened up for MMW for a couple shows in the last year. good bands seem to like them so that's saying something.
francis
From the Gecko

they're opening up for Devendra Banhart too.
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!