Radiohead mini tour

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

Radiohead mini tour

im definately try to get tix for this tour. i heard its a scaled back, theatre tour, and theyre going to play some of the new stuff theyre working on. anyone else trying to go?
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Katie
Invocation

Yup. Never seen them and don't want to miss the chance. I'm going to try for one of the two nights in Montreal. W.A.S.T.E lists them as sold out, but the venues may still have tickets direct (mine doesn't go on sale till noon). I hate ticketmaster. Even if I rationalize my tickets being in Canadian dollars, it's still a lot.
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

:evil: :evil: :evil:

yup, my eyes are blood red right now, b/c i feel like walking in to ticketmaster headquarters and strangling the board with my bear hands. ahem, well, i had 2 tickets on the floor but their piece of shit systems locked up and i lost my tix.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Katie
Invocation

Ouch. That hurts. I love how they have to state on the pre-order website "Please buy only what you need. Next time it might be you buying them on ebay."

Ironically, those ticketmaster glitches are how I've gotten tickets before. The most memorable was the first post-hiatus Phish show... no one was getting through but I just kept hitting redial anyway and low and behold some poor person's order got fucked up and I got a pair of tickets 5 minutes after it officially 'sold out'. I guess I usually have better luck via phone for large shows everyone's trying to get tickets to.

Oh well... keeping my fingers crossed.
bouche
Alsoa

I'm sitting here in pain as I wait out the next 50 minutes until the Radiohead tix are available for Montreal.

I do have one via WASTE for Sunday, but I gotta get in for Saturday too!
Katie
Invocation

I'm having no luck. :(

Grrrr. Finally got through on the phone, Montreal is sold out. Boo.
tyler
From the Gecko

I got 2 tix to the monday show in boston through the WASTE presale.
of course this was out of sheer luck, they went on sale at about 6:50 am or some strange time like that.
francis
From the Gecko

i wish i had money. i need to see this tour. new material, wooo
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

someone please explain WASTE to me. i have actually never been to a RH official website or forum.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
tyler
From the Gecko

its the website where you can buy advance tickets for radiohead gigs, and merch. that's pretty much it.
Big Bob
From the Gecko

I think tickets went on sale at 10:00 am. I tried to get tickets for the june 5th show in boston at 10:01, but it had already sold out.

My sister was lucky enough to get a few tickets for us in the back section after it had sold out...probably because someone failed to complete their order on time.

sweet.
tim(not logged in)

FU ticketbastard!!!! i had four windows open at work and i got to the point where i entered my ticket request and you then had to enter the wacky word and after i entered it on both pages it flipped over to some "this page cannot be displayed" bullshit. and now it's doing that for everything i try and get through on. for chrissakes, i even tried to see if tix were available for the radiohead cover band(just to see if it would let me through) and that page was even down. you think a company as big as ticketmaster could host a page that would support mad traffic on a day like this but apparently not. just talked to diesel and he got 1 tick for each night in philly so if anyone wants to trade hit either of us up so i can get my ass into this show!!! coincidently, "you can't always get what you want" just started playing on my ipod so i guess i'm trying right now to get what i need.
bouche
Alsoa

woohoo!!!

I got 2 tickets for saturday in montreal using Admission.com (which was very LUCKY) and my brother had one for me for the sunday show via WASTE. So we are both going to see both shows!

I really hate the ticketing system. There are so many people that actually waited in line with wristbands and still got shut out. There is no point in going to an outlet, clearly. And you can't rely on the phone or internet networks at all. Ebay is lighting up like a christmas tree. It's pretty sick.
tim
The Weight of Solomon

as i stated before- diesel got one for each night in philly. i know he's looking to trade one night one for one night two so i can get my ass into the show. if anyone can help that'd be awesome, just hit me up on email or through PM.

lambertim at gmail dot com