Post reviews of IKE here

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

Post reviews of IKE here

so the album has begun to seep into peoples brains. post your thoughts here, including official press.

happy listening.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
SamNo.2

The $64,000 Question

What's the single?

I nominate Mothwing Bite. Look out MTV. And please note the Little Compton shoutout......
KLUE
Get Me with Fuji

Who's Ned?
Keep Lookin' Up for Ever
confused netizen

my affliction

I have ADD. Thank you for helping me see I am not alone.

Is IKE the new album by The Slip???

-Ned
monotonita

who said anytin about a single???

and

whats mothwing bite?

a new tune or just a new name for one we've already heard
hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

monotonita wrote:who said anytin about a single???

and

whats mothwing bite?

a new tune or just a new name for one we've already heard
I'm planning/hoping to post my review soon, but I will say this: This album is RADIO READY and if Bar/None does their job, there WILL be a single.

As for Mothwing Bite, the tune is totally new to me. But then, I only get to shows once or twice a year and only last month acquired the ability to download shows, so someone else might have more info.

hoby
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

its new- never played at any shows yet
some people know what it sounds like
if they are die hard fans...
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

some people know what it sounds like. if they are die hard fans...
Not sure what that means really. Mothwing Bite has indeed not been played live. It is the Jumby of this album so far I guess. We got a few Jumby's, maybe we will get a few Mothwing Bite's live. As far as I know the tune is from Summer 2005 or so. Find out for yourselves Tuesday I guess. :wink:
SamNo.2

I'm listening to it right now, and I can tell you that it is DEF the single on this album, virtually no doubt about it. It's got some nice Beatles changes. And its a pop tune.

My guess is this will be the single, there's already a video, and a pr operation about to rock it.

coupla cents
SamNo.2

And the album is radio ready, everbody, just fyi...............but who listens to terrestrial rock radio anymore anyway, so who cares?
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

Laura
Is
Telling
Tom,
Lady
Ellen

Broke
Right
In
A
Nest
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

ok, do i have to delete this thread and start a new one? page 2, and i havent seen a single review. at least 4 people who posted already have it, and no one says a thing. not trying to be an ass, but theres already a thread about IKE. post ramblings and brain teasers there. :x
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Carl Crawford
Yaki Soba

Ike review

when i first listened to it i was underwhelmed but i kept on playing it. over and over and over. it's awesome. life in disguise is amazing, i think that paper bids is the best song to make the transition from live to studio. I also think that Airplane/Primative is the MVP of the whole deal.
putty
From the Gecko

Very short song by song review.

Children of December - Such a good song, but everyone's heard it.
Even Rats - ditto, but I'm actually sick of this one.
If One of Us Should Fall - My first thought was that Brad's voice sounds almost engineered on this one. but it's a great studio version. i wish marc stood out a little more in parts.
Airplane/Primitive - Love this song. the little marching drum section in the middle solidifies this as an epic tune. heh.
Suffocation Keep - The forest is big, that's why we need rangers. - love this one too. not much else to say.
The Soft Machine (intro) - free form sounding randomness, before the actual intro starts, which has some sicko tasty little beats.
The Soft Machine - my least favorite sound on the album. Cheesy chorus. I can't get into.
Life In Disguise - I had never heard this one before, but it's a great Brad tune. Love the end. Eleanor, cecil, robert and ... Coko, ruby, maxwell wherever you are. i wish i knew those people
Mothwing Bite sounds exactly like an old Wilco song. straight of of Summer Teeth or A.M. but I like it a lot.
The Original Blue Air (Paper Birds intro) - sickner
Paper Birds - My favorite song on the album so far. It also has some Wilco influence, but more recent stuff.

Sorry if not more detailed, but that's what I've got.
Jonah
Tenfold

how is it that some people have the album already. through leaks? or did the band let it out to a few select individuals?