Eisenhower

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

Eisenhower

so, if anyones been browsing at their local CD stores (or the big chain stores in the mall), they probably noticed that if the store carries Eisenhower, its buried behind some of the worst music ever conceived...ever: slipknot. Let's all make it our mission as slip fans to promptly place Eisenhower in front of this garbage ass music, shall we?
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

all slip discs have been behind slipknot
tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

I went to barnes and nobles looking for it and it was nowhere to be found, they did have ONE copy of angels come on time though, weird.
"One toke? You poor fool! Wait till you see those goddamn bats. "
booher
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

i got mine at newbury comics and it was in a display with other new release cds. it was even on sale for 11.88 :o
tyler
From the Gecko

i got mine at Pure Pop in Burlington, VT on the new releases rack. actually it was sold out on the rack, I had to ask someone to get a copy from the back for me. there The Slip won't be behind Slipknot though, but i don't know if they put The Slip in the "indie rock" section or the "jam band" section (or maybe even the "avant-garde/experimental" section). i can at least say with confidence that Slipknot is in the "middle school Hot Topic mallrat music" section.
francis
From the Gecko

mine wasn't at my store.. i had to order it. getting it on thursday.
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!
Katie
Invocation

tyler wrote:i got mine at Pure Pop in Burlington, VT on the new releases rack. actually it was sold out on the rack, I had to ask someone to get a copy from the back for me. there The Slip won't be behind Slipknot though, but i don't know if they put The Slip in the "indie rock" section or the "jam band" section (or maybe even the "avant-garde/experimental" section). i can at least say with confidence that Slipknot is in the "middle school Hot Topic mallrat music" section.
You know, I checked indie rock first, but it was still in The Slip's section under jamband last week. Wonder if they'll end up moving it or just file them in both sections. I know Borders on Church St slacked on getting them on the release date, Barnes and Noble in B-town may have as well... which is why they're selling like crazy at Pure Pop. I'd be surprised if it didn't make their top 10 list in Seven Days this week.
lumpy
From the Gecko

I got mine at Dimple's in Sacramento. After calling around on Tuesday, it was the only place in the Davis area that had it (and only 1 copy).
mjm
Yaki Soba

Not even available in stores in the country I'm in. Had to order it as an import from Amazon UK. It was £12.99 which is roughly $24.5219 and it still hasn't arrived. :x
"It’s not like rock and roll was invented by the people who play it right. Rock and roll was invented by lunatics. It belongs at the end of the day to lunatics. It doesn’t belong to people to prove their muscularity." - <i>Marc Ribot</i>
Katie
Invocation

Check out the top seller at Burlington VT's favorite independent music store:
http://www.sevendaysvt.com/music/popten/popten0.html

The Slip topping a list with names like Clapton and The Who? Impressive! That's a list that gets noticed around here. I think it'll teach the big chain-stores around here not to underestimate the selling-power of The Slip next time.