The Weight of Solomon

"I’d like to see a record a year for the next three yea

tonygaboni
Beantown Rocker

me too, it would make up for the long ass time we waited for Eisenhower :lol:
"One toke? You poor fool! Wait till you see those goddamn bats. "
Dan
Camp Shuey Counselor

i was confused about a Light Show for Eisenhower?

they got a couple tunes up their sleeves to get goin for a new album. chasing rabbits, and there was this unreleased song of the eisenhower cut, and im not talkin bout lonely boy. really cool rock tune.

I think the light show may not actually be a joke (completely) - they're using some LED bricks in the live show (that maybe the Lovely Feathers tour guy put them onto). I could see them getting into some weird idea about how to choreograph a light show that goes with a home listening experience.
SamNo.2

There are definitely new songs. Lost Man, Who's In Control, Black Telephone, Just Because, etc. and they are very good.

Lost Man became my girlfriend and my song the first time we heard it. Reminds me of my final performance at Berklee. Except it doesn't suck.

I could easily deal with a couple of new albums - as long as the band doesn't start rushing to churn them out. The thing about IKE is that it NECESSARILY took that long to create. No need to rush things. Then again, if they are feeling really proliific and need to "get some things off their chest," then I suppose putting out a couple of quick albums could work.

At any rate, it doesn't really matter to me. I'll buy the new albums and go to the shows regardless.

That Boston Phoenix interview is very cool. I didn't know that this album was written when ALL of these guys were going through breakups - though perhaps I should have.

I love how Mark talks about playing indie rock with a jazz sensibility.

And isn't it great when Andrew talks about the "privilege of going into the world of your imagination — the child mind." ........

cheers,
Sam
diesel
Camp Shuey Counselor

im looking forward to the smmd album first. but yes, they do have a bunch of songs up their sleeves and i would assume that its not going to take them too long to put out another album.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
francis
From the Gecko

i like how he talked about avoided the prog rock tag... i think that "words to a little song" has that feel to it. dark melodic king crimson-esque
-francis

order your precious swords!
get your free sword catalog!