yoga

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

putty
From the Gecko

yoga

anyone here do yoga or something similar?
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I've dabbled in it but don't have any sort of regular practice. I think my life would be noticably better if I could find some sort of yoga or other movement/meditiation method but I am busy and lazy...
magpie
Flood of Joyful Existence Waters

when i've done yoga on any kind of a regular basis it feels great... well, even doing it once feels great. i lack the motivation to keep doing it though. one day...
<i>become...

but remember that you already
are</i>
hoby
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

I do yogurt... :roll:

Sorry.

Lots of people in my life do yoga. Hell more than a couple are yoga teachers. The benfits are clear but knowing this, I have yet to make it a priority. If you can make the time and find the discipline, your life will be improved by the practice.
etahn
From the Gecko

A while back I practiced yoga every day for over a month, and it was awesome. I think part of it comes from fulfilling a commitment, and part of it from getting some regular exercise, part of it from the gentle balancing effect that yoga has on one's body, part of it from focusing the mind on something besides work (school, family, whatever) on a regular basis, and part of it from focusing the mind specifically on the self on a regular basis. I highly recommend it.

There's probably a studio or six in your area. Check out a few different classes and different teachers and find one or six that you like. It can be a little daunting to walk into a room full of experienced practitioners as a complete newb, but most places have beginner classes. Some will even give you a class or two for free.
The world really is magic