Marco Benevento- Invisible Baby

General Conversations

Moderators: Cleantone, harrymcq, Phrazz

tim
The Weight of Solomon

Marco Benevento- Invisible Baby

anybody else have a chance to check this out yet? pretty f'ng sweet IMO. defnitely looking forward to the "hard copy" coming out though, being that'll sound even better than the itunes download...in my car at least. i do hope he can bring one of his trios out on the road at some point, love to hear these songs live and unfortunately the sullivan hall shows don't look to be in the cards.
discofrank
Mudslide

This is gonna be my favorite record of the year for sure!! Everybody should get a copy. Buy it twice!! The music is not jazz, not rock, not post-rock. I like to call it JazzLoveRock like the Duo's music...Check out Atari http://www.ropeadope.com/news/2007/11/19/02%20Atari.mp3 and listen to that drumbeat! Rock On! 8)

i apologize if this is unethical but could anyone sendspace/mediafire me this or live at tonic? i really want to hear more of this material before the 1/31 sullivan hall show
putty
From the Gecko

you can buy Invisible Baby on itunes for $7.92

Live at Tonic is $24.99
Colin
Flight of the Peruvian Dragonfly

This is gonna be my favorite record of the year for sure!! Everybody should get a copy. Buy it twice!! The music is not jazz, not rock, not post-rock. I like to call it JazzLoveRock like the Duo's music...Check out Atari
JazzLoveRock?

I like that!
Colin

http://www.hyenarecords.com/marcobenevento

marco's track-by-track commentary at the bottom is really interesting
phreak
Tenfold

Colin wrote:http://www.hyenarecords.com/marcobenevento

that is a good read.

A friend of mine told me that brad is opening for marco, mathis, and andrew on thursday night. does anyone know if brad is opening?
Colin

does anyone know what tracks androo plays on besides "You Must Be a Lion." i assume someone with an actual copy may be able to find out, since i only have the itunes version.
thanks
tim
The Weight of Solomon

i don't think the hard copy is out yet. from what i've read, i know he's on 'the real morning party' and 'ruby'. 'atari' sounds like him playing.

February 19 / Vassar College / Poughkeepsie, NY
February 20 / Revolution Hall / Troy, NY
February 21 / The Bearsville Theater / Woodstock, NY
February 22 / Mexicali Blues / Teaneck, NJ
February 23 / World Cafe Live / Philadelphia, PA

^^^posted dates including androo.
discofrank
Mudslide

He's playing on Record Book, Real Morning Party and Ruby. The cd is already for sale at Duo's shows if you have the chance to attend one. Take care!
KLUE
Get Me with Fuji

phreak wrote:
Colin wrote:http://www.hyenarecords.com/marcobenevento

does anyone know if brad is opening?
Acourding to Marco's mailing he is :lol: hasta manana
Keep Lookin' Up for Ever
Big Bob
From the Gecko

I've decided to make the drive for this one.

Hopefully I'll see some of you guys and gals there tonight.
phreak
Tenfold

Last nights show was sick. The first set had a lot of songs off of the new cd and golden from mmj was in there. The songs were structured because they all knew the songs but these songs were definitely stretched out beyond the album version. The whole band was on fire and having a great time on stage. They played The Real Morning Party a few times throughout the night.

In the middle of the 2nd set Brad Barr came out on stage in the middle of Nobody Does It Better and played a real smooth solo. He was on stage for the rest of the night and it took the music to a higher level. I didn't recognize many songs in the 2nd set (except The Real Morning Party again) and there was a lot more improvisation in the 2nd set.

Last night was taped by 2 people so hopefully the tapes will surface soon. There were also a few HD video cameras in the front row so hopefully Marco will be putting out a DVD from the run.
Last edited by phreak on Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cleantone
Zion Gatekeeper

I was not there. I'm sick and I also am recording 17 bands this weekend in Worcester and needed to reserve energy.

One version of the show will be on NYC taper's blog soon.

The camera's were actually DVcam but nice ones. Shine A Light Productions has been shooting loads of Marco related projects for the last year or more. We would probably see a youtube post or two. Marco is launching a website TV station type of thing that lots of this footage will be used for.

check out Sunny's Song from 11.17.07 at Pearl Street with Brad. The angle behind Marco is my camera and the audio is also mine.

While I am linking footage also check out a clip I uploaded of Apollo Sunshine playing their tune "Lord" performed on 1.25.08 at Milky Way in Jamaica Plain, MA.
harrymcq
Zion Gatekeeper

I just caved and bought this a few days ago, was waiting for the hard copy but I couldn't any more! I just love this so far. I am so into Marco's solo stuff. I like the Duo but I just resonate with this material so much more. I have listened to "Live at Tonic" innumerable times and totally dug the 4 sets of Benevento/Mathis/Chamberlain I caught at Yoshi's towards the end of last year.

I'm also looking forward to nyctaper's recording! I've known Dan for a long time (mostly electronically on the Well for the past 10 years or so) and think his music blog is a wonderful effort.